- Presents himself clean and proper in his job environment.
- Assists in the on-the-job training of the pastry and bakery staff to maintain the highest standards of production.
- Ensures proper handling of equipment, prevents loss and damage to assets and goods.
- Administers all matters related to his field of activity.
- Always maintains his work environment clean and proper.
- Ensures proper standards of sanitation and hygiene.
- Follows the correct production procedures according to the recipes issued by the Executive Pastry Chef.
- Prepares all ingredients for baking; measures and mixed ingredients according to recipe using cups, spoons, and scale; bakes cakes in the oven.
- Prepares all kinds of pies and desserts according to recipes for all kitchen sub-sections.
- Prepares and cookies ingredients fro pie fillings, puddings, custard, and other desserts; pours fillings into pie shells.
- Mixes, kneads, and shapes dough to make pies, cakes, cookies, and other pastries.
- The Chef de Partie has to ensure that agreed quality, hygiene and other standards are kept or surpassed at all times by himself and his subordinates.
- Encourage proactive, efficient and effective inter-departmental communication within and beyond the Food and Beverage division in order to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
- Responsible for the ordering and requesting of the ingredients on a daily basis.
- Oversee and follow through the food safety standards set by Mandarin Oriental Al Faisaliah Hotel, Safe & Sound and through the Saudi Arabia’s Health Municipality rules and regulation.
- Ensure that Mandarin Oriental Al Faisaliah Hotel’s grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained at all times to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
- Monitor and follow through on any requirements of VIP guests who are dining in the rooms as well as for special dietary requirements.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in accordance with the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
- Communicate Rules & Regulations to all colleagues by using the Colleague Handbook and any other appropriate documents.
- Facilitation and attending of daily shift briefings and attending monthly communication meetings within culinary outlet.
- Effectively always control cleanliness and maintenance of the kitchens and stewarding area and support daily checks done by their supervisors.
- Assist Chef de Cuisine to conduct regular hands-on dish training to ensure food knowledge and cooking methods are always up to date.
- Share the specific knowledge and recipes of dishes with all related colleagues.
- Give constructive feedback to the Chef de Cuisine/Jr. Chef de Cuisine during annual appraisals for Demi Chef de Partie and Cook I & II.
- Assist Chef de Cuisine to ensure the food safety related administration are compliance with the standard and being followed accordingly.
- Ensure support is given to the Commissary and Butcher for the daily market list and inventory control.
- Follow all procedures, policies and practices with regard to the Jardine audit related requirements for the culinary department.
- Assist the Chef de Cuisine in other administrative matters for the outlet.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings as scheduled.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Chef de Cuisine.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in a luxury environment. Middle East experience is an advantage.
- International work experience in at least 2 of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America and preferably Middle East.
- Hotel pre-opening or renovation experience is preferred.
- Reading, writing, and verbal proficiency in the English language, Arabic is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of using various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes.
- Ability to understand guest needs and expectations; deliver superior customer service with minimal input from others.
- Proven ability to successfully support, motivate and lead large and diverse team.
- Ability to use documented performance management systems and handling disciplinary processes with the guidance of the Chef De Cuisine.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Able to empower colleagues and communicate clearly with peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP.
- Competent computer skills including Office 365 or equivalent
- Must be able to consistently delight and satisfy our Guest.
- Must have excellent attention to details, and extensive service knowledge.
- Able to support the Chef De Cuisine to constantly update all training materials and keep good track of all training activities.
Advertised: 24 Aug 2021 Arab Standard Time
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
InterContinental Dar Al Tawhid
Interested in this opportunity?