The iconic Hotel Palace Luzern first opened in 1906 and is located in the heart of the city, on the shores of Lake Lucerne. The multi-million-dollar renovation will include the restyling of all guestrooms and suites, the redesign of the public areas, restaurants and bars as well as the landscaping of the outdoor grounds. Following the completion of the renovation, Mandarin Oriental Palace, Luzern will comprise 146 rooms and suites offering excellent views of the lake and mountains. There will be a restaurant and a bar together with a variety of social and meeting facilities and a spa and fitness room.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare and analyse proposals and determine appropriate elections of suppliers based on the company standards and expectations.
- Negotiate cost effective purchases for all supplies and services, while meeting all MOHG guidelines and quality specifications.
- Examine and review proposed products and services to determine compliance with departmental specifications or standards, suggest substitute items when beneficial.
- Analyse market conditions in relation to recent, current and anticipated purchases.
- Review of vendor/contractor history to determine that they are capable of producing the goods and services required.
- Review the requests and specifications recommended by department heads to determine whether quality level described is appropriate for intended use and whether specifications are cost effective.
- Standardise items in common use to eliminate unnecessary variations/features and lower costs through bulk purchasing.
- Analyse trade journals, catalogues, directories and other technical material with respect to market and price conditions.
- Initiate and implement research of new products and technologies to reduce procurement costs and to improve the quality of goods and services purchased.
- Conduct monthly/quarterly inventories.
- Review stock inventory levels and purchase patterns to maximize inventory value.
- Prepare necessary purchasing documents in accordance with procurement requirements.
- Check and approve purchase orders prior to review by Director of Finance and General Manager.
- Maintain library of resource materials.
- Prepare/Update all records, log books, journals, involving purchasing and receiving standards and procedures.
- Establish quality control and receiving standards.
- Provide accounting staff with required approved documentation, so that procurement of materials and services may be placed, shipped, and paid in a timely fashion.
What we are looking for:
- Previous hotel purchasing experience preferred
- Knowledge of HACCP standard
- Computer skills required
- Effective communication skills
- Good negotiation and analytical skills
- Fluent in English and German.
Advertised: 20 Sep 2021 W. Europe Daylight Time