About the job
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world’s most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences. Having grown from its Asian roots into a global brand, the Group now operates 36 hotels and six residences in 23 countries and territories, with each property reflecting the Group’s oriental heritage and unique sense of place. Mandarin Oriental has a strong pipeline of hotels and residences under development and is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group.
Set at the heart of the U.S. capital between Maine and Maryland Avenues and 12th and 14th Streets, SW, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC has redefined luxury in the city. Just streets away from the nation’s most revered monuments and the Smithsonian Institution, the hotel is also within easy reach of Capitol Hill and District Wharf.
Overview of Position
The incumbent is responsible to assist in the efforts to maintain and develop the business goals and directives for the Sales department. he or she will keep the guest's perspective in mind at all times and carry out the mission of the Sales & Marketing division. This is a developmental role in which the incumbent will learn the duties and responsibilities of the Sales Manager role through daily interaction with sales colleagues and customers. The incumbent will be expected to participate in a self-directed development plan that is designed to enable them to move into a group sales manager position at the Mandarin Oriental Washington, DC or other hotels within the Group.
The Sales Executive (SE) will be responsible for providing tactical support to the group sales managers and the Director of Sales. The SE will learn the qualification and business evaluation process of business and will communicate directly with clients both in written correspondence, over the phone and in person. The SE will be client's initial point of contact with the hotel and will pass qualified and turn down business to the sales managers for further action and booking confirmation. The SE will actively participate with the sales managers and other key hotel departments to fully understand how revenues are booked and operate at the hotel, what are key client objectives, the sales process, account and client management, the hotel's business plan, lead generation, sales contract and sales territories.
The Sales Executive (SE) will report to the Director of Sales (DOS) with collaborative direction from assigned Sales Managers.
- Receive leads and correspond directly with clients to present the hotel's features and qualify inquires to allow the sales manager to match them with the hotel's stated business objectives.
- Reply to all assigned leads in a timely manner in accordance with Mandarin Oriental's or market standards.
- Review all leads with assigned Sales Managers to ensure that necessary follow up actions are identified and appropriate.
- Prepare prospecting lists and targets as directed by the DOS and/or the Sales Mangers as directed.
- Prepare and proofread proposals and contracts, as directed an under the guidance of the DOS and/or Sales Managers.
- Make successful progress and complete a self-directed development plan that includes cross-training in the Event Management, Catering Sales, Reservations, Banquets, Front Desk and Guest Relations departments.
- Make guestroom reservations for meeting planners an arrange amenity requests as directed.
- Coordinate mailing and shipping needs for Sales department.
- Processes appropriate purchase orders and other billing related duties.
- Block space and enter data into Delphi.
- Manage the sales department site inspection calendar and prepare site inspection drafts.
- Coordinate and update meeting planner contact database.
- Provide itinerary planning assistance for meeting planners as directed.
- Administrative functions such as (but not limited to): timely filing, Sales Department documents; manage correspondence as directed for Director of Sales an assigned Sales Managers.
- Receive and handle all incoming calls and inquires according to local and MOHG standards.
- Organize hotel familiarization and site inspection visits.
- Projects or other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Must possess superior communications skills with fluency in English required; must possess solid writing skills.
- Knowledge hotel industry helpful; those with hotel operations experience are preferred.
- Sound knowledge of popular social media channels, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required
- Solid administration skills including but not limited to accurate and timely filing, proofreading and editing documents, managing multiple incoming telephone calls, mailing, and creating various business documents required.
- Must possess superior telephone etiquette; must be able to handle multiple phone lines with composure.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to travel out of town for up to a week at a time.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Working with us means…
We are dedicated to delighting our guests and colleagues. We are committed to becoming the best and we emphasize working together to achieve this goal. We support acting with responsibility.
Working with us means working harmoniously, respectfully, passionately, and towards personal growth. Working with us means that you will be personally valued. From the initial interview through the comprehensive orientation to the numerous Learning and Development programs, we are committed to providing a Mandarin Oriental ‘Colleague Journey’ that exceeds colleague’s expectations.
Become a Fan of MO! Click the links below to learn more about us!
Equal Employer Opportunity statement
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s colleagues to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Advertised: 23 Jun 2022 US Eastern Daylight Time
- Department: Sales