Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. The Group now operates or has under development over 40 hotels with more than 11,000 rooms in 25 countries in key business and leisure destinations.
Ideally located on the charming Via Andegari, Mandarin Oriental, Milan is a stylish and intimate hotel, featuring 104 guestrooms, including 34 beautifully appointed suites. Set in the heart of the city, only steps away from the world-renowned La Scala opera house, it inhabits four elegant 18th Century buildings in Milan's most prestigious district. The hotel features a fine-dining restaurant, Seta and a bar-bistro, Mandarin Bar + Bistrot where an eclectic choice of contemporary cuisine and cocktails are offered in chic surroundings. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Milan is the city's most comprehensive, offering a holistic approach to rejuvenation and relaxation in tranquil, meditative surroundings that feature indoor swimming pool and six private treatment rooms. In addition, the hotel has two versatile function rooms that benefit from natural daylight.
The Sales Manager is responsible for, but not limited to, support the Director of Sales in establishing the Hotel within assigned markets and securing business for long lasting relationships with key agents and clients. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position providing its own portfolio of agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Pillars of Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Departmental Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Guiding Principles and D.E.L.I.G.H.T as part of ensuring Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement.
- Handles follow up of quotations and actively engage with clients to maximize conversion of business
- Ensure a “sales” approach in every lead, customizing offers and ensuring that a luxury and positive attitude is always mantained
- Participates to external sales appointments as per travel calendar and site inspections when appropriate and relevant for every segment
- Generates business correspondence in accordance to payment, deposit and cancellation policies decided with the Sales teams
- Supports sales team in prospecting activities to bring back old clients and acquire new ones
- Manage and Verify always the payment and balance
- Check Delphi Daily and ensure Weekly reports
- Compiles all internal DB and Delphi, ensuring time efficiency and data accuracy as per MO policies
- Attend daily departmental meeting
- Remains available to hotel colleagues via mobile phone while on property and via hotel
- Visit and proactively interact with key international clients
- Meet the objectives as set forth by the Director of Sales
- Fluent in English and Italian languages. Other languages are a plus
- Think outside the box in creating a bespoke approach to clients' requests and needs
- Strong time management skills, supporting Teamwork
- Technically skilled with good knowledge of Microsoft Office Package
- Charming and dynamic approach to clients and colleagues
- Problem solving attitude
- Proactive approach and “hunter” attitude
- Availability to frequently travel abroad
Advertised: 24 Aug 2021 W. Europe Daylight Time