Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via online: http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GRANDPERFORMER&cws=43&rid=5151
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV . The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The overall objective and purpose of the General Manager position is to direct and coordinate activities of the organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing functions as the primary strategic leader of the hotel. The incumbent is responsible for monitoring all aspects of the operation, including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance and sales and revenue generation. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the property in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzes business results and works with the leadership team to develop
- effective strategies to address needs.
- Makes key decisions and oversees execution, removing obstacles to
- success and ensuring appropriate resources are available to achieve
- business results
- Plans, develops and implements company policies and goals
- Coordinates activities of divisions or departments such as Sales, Human
- Resources, Engineering, Front Office, Housekeeping, and F&B to affect
- operational efficiency and economy
- Directs preparation of directives to division or department administrator
- outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented
- Ensuring brand standards are met with the objective of meeting or
- exceeding guest expectations; communicating follow-up actions to the
- team as necessary
- Preparing an annual budget with appropriate department heads to ensure
- the smooth operations of the hotel, set financial goals and plan expenses
- Monitoring actual sales and revenues to determine variance and assess
- goal accomplishmentsCreating an environment in which all employees have the ability to reach their full potential
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Proven track record in delivering financial results
- Ability to build a cohesive team and facilitate accomplishment of goals
- Proven track record of positive employee satisfaction scores
- Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent – required
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Savannah, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible