Supports the property’s technology Information Resources objectives. Supports all technology planning, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance. Interfaces with vendors, owners, and property staff.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related major; 4 years experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related major; certified trainer; 2 years experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Client Technology Needs
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Monitors, verifies and manages the acquisition and maintenance of property based systems.
• Assists in analyzing information, identifying current and potential problems and proposing solutions.
• Maintains, inspects and repairs equipment.
• Inspects the equipment or the environment.
• Verifies that computer and network operations are monitored at the property, backup/recovery functions are performed on scheduled basis and administration functions for hardware, operating and application systems are maintained and completed on consistent basis.
• Supports managing IR activities to confirm the property infrastructure and applications systems are functional at all times.
• Verifies solutions are consistent with the client's needs and brand specific IR environment.
• Administers and maintains mail and email.
• Maintains inventories and manages IT hardware/software.
• Provides Internet support and maintenance (if applicable)
• Provides cable management support.
• Generates systems communications for property users to introduce new applications, provide user tips, alert users of system problems and inform staff of progress or status.
• Consults on specific application issues or hardware/software problems.
• Provides feedback to Lodging IR on application functional performance and system performance.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Supports determining whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Monitors processes and evaluates information according to SOP and LSOP requirements.
• Enforces IR policies and standards protecting company hardware, software and other resources at the property.
Maintaining Information Systems and Technology Goals
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Performs an assessment of needs, ensuring compliance with brand specific standards, budget and capital requirements.
• Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to complete property projects on schedule and according to specification.
• Verifies problems are correctly reported, routed, tracked and solved, with the system user being informed of situation at all times.
• Verifies proper asset management.
• Performs on-site monitoring of all projects.
Demonstrating and Applying IR Knowledge
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to your job.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Provides technical expertise and support.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Coordinates property efforts, prioritizes needs and communicates those needs to IR Shared Services and other systems staff.
• Manages vendors for property IT requirements functioning as escalation point for problem resolution.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Starting in
- As soon as possible