Treasury Accounting Services (TAS), as part of the Financial Accounting and Controls organization, is responsible for providing accurate, timely and actionable financial information relating to the accounting and administration of Marriott International’s (MI) Cash and Debt Operations.
The Manager of Treasury Accounting Services will direct a team that is responsible for the proper management, accounting, reporting, and controls of Marriott’s cash and debt portfolio. The position will play a key role in partnering with multiple stakeholders to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of department deliverables. This role requires a thorough understanding of complex debt arrangements, ensuring accurate accounting and covenant compliance under the agreements. This position reports to the Senior Manager Treasury Accounting Services (“TAS”), and is a key member of the TAS management team.
Direct a team of finance and accounting professionals, prioritize projects and workload of the team and its individual members, and establish deadlines around the following department priorities:
- Utilize a treasury workstation system in accurately recording cash transactions to the general ledger
- Development, maintenance, and continual enhancements of periodic reporting of cash activity to key stakeholders
- Continuous process improvements to treasury workstation functions to further stream line cash processes
- Prepare and manage the reconciliation of bank accounts
- Record and analyze bank account fees and interest income and manage it’s periodic reporting to key stakeholders
- Ensure proper processes and controls are established and maintained, with a focus on continual process improvement.
- Assist in debt reporting and compliance as needed by the team
- Participate in the long range planning, budgeting and forecasting processes relating to debt, including periodic bridging to actual results.
- Maintain systems and controls to ensure compliance with MIP-66 reporting requirements relating to cash and debt responsibilities
- Perform other duties as requested by department leaders
- Participate in special projects/cross training opportunities as they become available.
- Able to maintain effective client relationships and promote a service orientation that delivers customer results.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple time sensitive assignments simultaneously and work independently.
- Capable of documenting processes, ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
- Able to multi-task; comfortable with complexity, ambiguity, and change.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, promoting an environment that allows timely information flow throughout the organization.
- Supports and manages organizational change by reacting with flexibility, removing work barriers
- Initiates creative process improvements and systemic thinking throughout the organization
- Demonstrates sound organizational and prioritization skills; high performance levels under tight deadlines
- Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrates ability to communicate with various levels of the organization and with outside service providers
- Reflects strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal and professional growth
- Working knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
Specific Candidate Profile
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related discipline; CPA, MBA or advanced degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
- Five or more years of progressive job experience in accounting/finance field; international accounting exposure preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel. Advance knowledge of MS Excel a plus
- Knowledge of Treasury workstation system a plus
- Peoplesoft GL experience a plus
- Proven contribution within a multi-task environment
- Experience with leading and implementing proactive process improvements
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible