Provides administrative support duties one or more Vice Presidents and other department staff as directed. Collaborates closely with other administrative and management staff to coordinate calendars for meetings, travel, etc. Develops alternatives/solutions for unique and recurring assignments. Interprets internal policies and procedures and functions as a resource to others. Handles confidential and sensitive information.
- 5+ years’ experience in an administrative assistant
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience in a full-range of administrative processing including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2010 (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong working knowledge of Marriott internal work-enabling systems (PeopleSoft AP, Concur Travel & Expense, Identity Center, etc.)
- Experience with SharePoint Site administration
- Basic department budget accounting experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Calendar management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Possesses a high level of discretion
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Marriott corporate culture, resources, and organizational structure.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with peers
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Answers departmental telephone line(s); provides callers with responses to all types of requests, both routine and those requiring research and follow-up; directs calls to the appropriate person or takes messages.
- Makes travel arrangements, as necessary, evaluating alternatives and making decisions regarding pricing and logistical issues
- Manages calendar activities for Vice President(s), as appropriate and agreed to
- Coordinates meetings including meeting rooms, equipment and catering
- Consolidates, coordinates and posts information to overall department SharePoint site, newsletters and other communications
- Develops alternatives to handle requests when many times the problems are not clearly identified or involve sensitive issues.
- Routinely responds to the caller with research results
- Composes correspondence or creates documents, often on behalf of the supervisor
- Identifies areas where new administrative policies and procedures may be necessary within a department and may initiate projects to develop the new policy or procedure.
- Researches questions and problems regarding departmental or administrative policies, procedures, information or services, including questions, which are complex in nature.
- May have responsibility for a specific departmental process/system, which entails research, and analytical responsibilities.
- Processes expense reports related to business purposes, travel and team expenditures
- Provides planning and/or administrative support for enterprise wide efforts such as global conferences, meetings, projects, etc.
- May be asked to coordinate efforts of admins in department
- Manages conference and/or meeting rooms (scheduling, logistics, maintenance)
- Coordinate visits and meetings with vendors and external consultants
Written Communications: High level of skill to communicate in writing by producing correspondence, reports and documents either composed by self or others.
Verbal Communications: High level of skill to communicate verbally in response to requests for information
Functional Knowledge: Working knowledge of the job, department, customers, vendors, products/services, or administrative policies and procedures
Judgment: Strong ability to evaluate alternatives and make sound and reasonable decisions.
Level of Independence: Ability to work independently without strong supervision or review of work
Computer Software Skills: Possesses a variety and level of computer software skills required to perform the role
Research and Analysis: Ability to perform basis research and analyze data
Prioritizing Workload: Strong ability to prioritize workload and projects of self and others
Administrative Processing: Solid ability to perform administrative functions such as payroll, accounts payable, expense reporting and budget support
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Administration & General
- Starting in
- As soon as possible