Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The position of Research Analyst in Feasibility requires an understanding of the hotel industry and the development process. As a
member of the Americas Feasibility team the Research Analyst is responsible for conducting research on North America hotel
markets as well as preparing analysis to evaluate these markets and determine the potential for Marriott lodging development or
acquisition opportunities. As part of the Feasibility team, the Research Analyst supports the Development, Brand, Operations and
- Maintain current knowledge of Marriott’s lodging products and development goals.
- Support more senior Feasibility associates in pre‐screening markets and specific development opportunities.
- Prepare franchised feasibility studies for all Marriott lodging products including:
- Gathering relevant market information, primarily via telephone interviews and computer research.
- Assessing the appropriateness of potential hotel sites and opportunities for converting existing hotels to MI brands.
- Analyzing market information and forecasting occupancy and average room rates for proposed projects.
- Analyzing the impact of proposed projects on existing Marriott products.
- Preparing franchised valuations.
- Documenting project findings and conclusions.
- Interfacing with Marriott personnel in Development, Brand, Operations, and Development Finance, as necessary.
- Prepare analysis and pro formas for routine Americas Asset Management projects, with guidance and supervision.
- Assist more senior Feasibility associates in preparing managed feasibility studies (both desk‐based and field‐based).
- Assist more senior Feasibility associates with special analyses/research projects.
KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1‐2 years of feasibility or relevant experience.
- Competency in Microsoft office applications, including spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software.
- Familiarity with hotel operating statements, operating structure and environment.
- Prior hotel operations experience highly regarded.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work non‐traditional hours (evenings and weekends).
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
Baccalaureate degree in Hotel Management or Business Administration or related discipline
This position will be based MI Corporate Headquarters.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration