Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Assistant Manager, Hotel Transactions Accounting and Owned/Leased Accounting, will contribute to accounting efforts related to Marriott’s international owned and leased portfolio along with monthly accounting and reporting processes for gains/losses and leases. The position will also assist with recording the increasingly complex acquisition/disposition of hotel properties or brand acquisitions. The position is responsible for performing book basis research on Marriott’s hotel investments, visible to Marriott Executives/Asset Managers.
CLS Expected Contributions and Responsibilities
- Interpret and analyze financial statements & accounting information relating to owned and leased properties/legal entities, including differences between local and US GAAP.
- Ensure the accurate reporting of accounting information relating to Marriott’s wholly owned or leased properties, including actuals, budget & forecast.
- Prepare and analyze balance sheet basis for potential transactions.
- Manage the completion of the Marriott International Policy #66 balance sheet reconciliations to support compliance efforts for the owned/leased property portfolio and gain/loss accounts.
- Partner with the management team in recording acquisitions/dispositions/construction projects.
- Partner with the management team with oversight/managerial responsibilities as assigned.
- Obtain and analyze support for transaction costs for Marriott International brand acquisitions reporting.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
- Understanding of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
- Able to develop and maintain effective client relationships and promote a service orientation that delivers customer results.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Capable of documenting processes, ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
- Able to manage multiple time sensitive assignments simultaneously and work independently.
- Comfortable with complexity, ambiguity, and change is critical.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, promoting an environment that allows timely information flows throughout the organization.
- Ability to interpret complex transactions, lease and other legal documents.
Specific Candidate Profile
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance, or related discipline; CPA, MBA, or advanced degree in Accounting or Finance a plus.
- Minimum of three years of progressive job experience in accounting/finance field.
- Foreign currency transactions experience is highly desirable.
- International accounting experience is a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, with strong focus on spreadsheet applications.
- Peoplesoft experience preferred.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and integrity.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
- Strong commitment to deadline compliance.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible