The Assistant Manager reports to the Senior Manager, Consolidated P/L, Financial Reporting and Analysis and is an integral member of the Finance team. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for Marriott International consolidated P&L and analysis, and have a wide range of responsibilities supporting several key systems, reporting & accounting functions and analytical activities. The position will provide exposure to many aspects of Marriott through reporting and analysis of actual and forecasted results. In addition, this person will take the lead on a variety of special projects and must be able to manage multiple tasks at a time.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Prepare Marriott International’s monthly consolidated profit and loss reports and analysis in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Perform validation checks to ensure congruency of reporting systems and research and resolve unusual activity and balances in the consolidated rollup.
- Complete and maintain period close files including formal work papers/tie-outs of actual, budgeted and forecasted results including earnings per share calculations. Prepare workpaper documentation, ensuring that key controls are documented. Prepare workpaper documentation, ensuring that key controls are documented.
- Prepare bridges and analysis for select financial statement lines. Collaborate with other groups such as Treasury Accounting Services, Finance Business Partners and others to obtain timely information and ensure that incoming schedules tie to the financial statements and variances are explained appropriately.
- Prepare /Distribute Reporting and Analytical packages to senior and executive management.
- Assist in reviewing/maintaining the list of risks and opportunities for assigned financial statement lines.
- Assist with preparation of Press Release schedules and coordinate preparation of additional non-GAAP schedules as required.
- Develop and maintain HFR reports, Smartviews, PeopleSoft nVision and other reports and queries to support financial reporting and analytical activities.
- Assist with the CPL team’s business “ownership” functions for HFM Accounts, other dimensions, hierarchies and applicable rules, as assigned. Submit maintenance requests and review metadata changes and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Ensure that audit schedules are prepared and proactively respond to auditor questions and resolve audit issues.
- Maintain FR&A databases and CPL team mailbox.
- Create, update and maintain job aids, internal controls and other process documentation.
- Complete special reporting and analytical projects as assigned.
- At least three or more years of progressive job experience in accounting.
- Strong computer skills. Experience with spread sheet based programs (Excel) and modeling. Peoplesoft and/or Hyperion experience a plus.
- Experience in Marriott Lodging or other MI business a plus.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting required goals and deadlines.
- Strong customer relations skills. Customer service orientation.
- Positive attitude and a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
- High degree of initiative; highly motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with peers and all levels of management.
- Strong organizational skills. Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
- Strong communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills – ability to develop alternatives and solutions.
- Demonstrated leader with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA preferred.
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible