This position will be part of a team responsible for the accurate internal and external financial reporting of a subset of Marriott’s foreign subsidiaries. The team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of legal subsidiary ledgers for the entities to complete the entity audit process in a timely and efficient manner, facilitate timely statutory income tax reporting and facilitate timely board of managers reporting.
The responsibilities of this position include local GAAP financial statement preparation, coordination of entity audits, related schedule preparation and ongoing review and analysis of the activity within each of the assigned foreign entities. The Assistant Manager works with independence, but within established guidelines, to produce and analyze financial information as well as legal contracts to support the accounting for subsidiaries. In addition, he/she will serve as a contact for entity questions/issues for stakeholders across the organization.
SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
- Assist with and support annual statutory audit processes, including preparation of supporting schedules and documentation. Ensure that audits occur in a timely and efficient manner. Participate in the process to record audit adjustments to the general ledger as applicable.
- Prepare foreign entity financial statements and supporting schedules to support the financial statement reporting, tax and audit processes.
- Analyze and reconcile financial activity recorded to the general ledger in a timely manner to facilitate monthly and quarterly local and US GAAP reporting for the entities. Prepare journal entries to facilitate the close processes.
- Understand and document significant transactions to support internal financial reporting, annual foreign subsidiary financial statements and the annual audit processes.
- Provide support and information to the third-party service providers who prepare the applicable local country VAT returns.
- Review financial activity on a routine basis for overall reasonableness and accuracy.
- Provide support and information to third party service providers who prepare applicable local country VAT returns.
- Participate in the preparation of materials presented at the quarterly Board of Manager meetings.
- Document current processes and participate in process improvement initiatives and standardizations.
- Participate in various department-wide goals, as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-4 years of progressive accounting experience to include financial statement preparation and account analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. macros & pivot tables)
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Demonstrates an independent ability to research and analyze transactions and balances within a complex accounting system structure and in a multi-currency environment.
- Strong business process skills; capable of developing effective processes, ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
- High proficiency with PC based software (Microsoft Office).
- Able to develop and maintain effective business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures all work is completed on time with a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and prioritization skills; high performance levels under tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; ability to articulate issues to a variety of individuals at multiple levels within the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple work activities concurrently with minimal supervision.
- At ease in an environment of change; supports and manages change within the organization.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity.
- Displays commitment towards collaborating in a results-oriented team setting.
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible