The Compensation and Benefits COE is a headquarters based team that ensures best in class development and execution of total rewards programs, processes, policies, technologies and service delivery. We are focused on driving operational excellence and effectiveness in delivering compensation and benefits programs to our associates in support of our Putting People First philosophy.
The Benefits Delivery team is responsible for overall administration of Marriott U.S.-based benefit plans. The Benefits Analyst is an integral member of the team who will play leading and partnering roles on aspects of Marriott’s benefits plans. This includes maintaining ongoing plan operations to ensure high levels of performance, and customer satisfaction, as well as ensuring the plans are administered in accordance with policies and procedures as established by Marriott. It also includes ensuring that benefits systems and interfaces are accurate and efficient.
The Benefits Analyst will liaison with staff internally and externally, including Marriott’s health and welfare third party administrative vendors, and internal departments, such as Information Resources, Payroll Services and the Law Department.
Expected Contributions (including duties and responsibilities)
- Integral member of benefits project team working on plan administration, changes and process improvements
- Responsible for daily plan administration activities and eligibility compliance (e.g., hours worked process, issue resolution, refunds.)
- Partner with external service providers and provide guidance to benefits service center for ongoing plan operations
- Research escalated issues and work with benefits administration vendor and/or internal departments to ensure resolution
- Identify areas for process or system improvements
- Generate reports and ad-hoc queries using HR, payroll and benefits systems to support benefits administration
- Analyze participant, payroll and plan data to ensure integrity and identify opportunities to improve benefit programs, policies and procedures
- Assist with user acceptance testing for new and enhanced systems functionality and other benefits related data
- Resolve administrative and systems issues that cannot be resolved by the plans’ administrator
- Respond to Marriott management and associate inquiries utilizing HR, payroll and benefits systems information. Understand when to escalate issues and ensure confidentiality and compliance with human resources policies and laws.
- Ensures data accuracy, timely follow up and response and maintains the highest level of confidentiality of associate and other company related data management.
- Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary materials to include system, documents and other company specific/related information.
- Understand the connectivity and data flow between Benefits/Human Resources systems
- Attends and participates in all relevant meetings
- Complete special projects as needed
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner
- Uses problem solving skills for decision making and follow up
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner
- Ability to prioritize activities and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgement and use of discretion with confidential information.
Education and Experience
- College degree required
- High-level proficiency with Excel (vlookups and pivot tables)
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills, and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Access, Word and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Benefits, Human Resources, and Health Insurance
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Analytic abilities and attention to detail demonstrated through prior work experience
- Experience working with large data sets and analyzing data from various sources
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract