Join Hosco and apply at job offers from Marriott International HQ
As a Hosco member, you have access to thousands of jobs and internships in hospitality worldwide
View 33451 other offers
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Responsible for bills of material (BOM) and item specifications being correctly entered and maintained in the purchasing system and supports a purchasing team (reports to a Purchasing Agent or Manager).
- Creates and maintains prototypical and project-specific items and Bill of Materials (BOMs) in accordance with system procedures into a purchasing system.
- Verifies pricing on item specifications with suppliers.
- Tracks orders and posts status into system; updates orders in system as required.
- Collects documentation (flame certificates, warranty and service manuals etc.) and provides to agent/owner.
- Provides purchasing support to reps, agents and managers.
- Creates spreadsheets to assist in project costing
- Provides estimates of time required to create BOMs based on project complexity and scope
- Assists in communicating terms and conditions to non-approved suppliers
- Assists in issue resolution of BOMs, spec sheets and change forms
- Assists in weekly expediting of vendor shipments
- Computer proficiency
- Verbal, written communications skills
- Solid understanding of business practices
- Basic problem solving skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Solid customer service skills
- Basic negotiation skills
- Solid organizational skills
- High School diploma
- Preferred college degree
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in procurement, preferably in the hospitality design industry.