ABOUT THE ROLE:
Project Catapult is the next step in fulfilling Marriott’s vision of a single integrated Workforce Management Platform and includes the implementation of cloud-based Human Capital Management and payroll applications. Interested candidates will take on a project assignment to support this critical initiative for approximately 24 months. The exposure you will gain, from the people to the tools, will set you up to compete for a variety of roles across the organization at the conclusion of the project assignment. As a member of the Project Catapult team, you will be working with a diverse group of stakeholders and supporting the technology of the future for Global HR. The new workforce management platform will impact associates globally and the journey will be both challenging and rewarding.
As a member of the Project Catapult Leadership Team, the Director, HR Project Management is responsible for leading the planning, governance, and risk management for multiple workstreams through the design, build, deployment and stabilization efforts of the program. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the governance processes for their assigned workstreams, managing status, actions and decisions, risks and issues, and supporting their functional discipline in facilitating conversations with leadership.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Educate workstream leaders on project management processes
- Distribute, assign and ensure completion of workstream responsibilities
- Complete and execute detailed project plans
- Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports upon the requested timeline
- Manage the project management activities for multiple workstreams within the larger program
- Monitor the activities of assigned workstreams for risks and issues; help workstream leads in creating and implementing mitigation plans for risks and issues
- Monitor risks, actions, decisions and support workstream in driving tasks to completion
- Foresees, identifies and resolves problems
- Thinks creatively and proactively to develop, execute and implement plans
- Support functional team members in preparing for and facilitating leadership conversations
- Lead planning for meetings, facilitation of agenda, preparing content, tracking key actions and documenting decisions and actions
- Fosters strong discipline relationships to fully understand business needs and drive results toward the project goals
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Works effectively across workstreams to manage cross-discipline activities
- Escalates risks, issues and decisions needed to program leadership.
- Present to key stakeholders on project status as well as risks and issues and decisions needed
- Serves as the escalation point of contact for assigned discipline(s); leads efforts to resolve escalated issues
- Works collaboratively with PMO & Deployment Readiness team members to ensure a cohesive and streamlined implementation of the program
- Inform and/or update leadership, peers, and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manage time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Support in Human Resources activities, as directed by leadership, for other roles on the PMO & Deployment Readiness team
- Have strong business acumen and service orientation.
- Are able to make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Are able to work in a matrix organization, partnering with resources to achieve results through others.
- Are able to address difficult issues and guide others toward the accomplishment of identified, meaningful goals.
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; able to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner to senior management.
- Can quickly gain a clear and comprehensive understanding of Human Resource strategies, priorities, and initiatives and represent them to various constituencies.
- Deliver results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure.
- Exhibit leadership presence; ability to establish credibility necessary to influence at all organizational levels and give projects credibility.
- Actively pursue continual process improvement
- Are highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, or related major; 7+ years experience in executing projects
- Proven experience managing a complex, multi-functional initiative
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships
- Ability to develop and enforce program governance
- Preferred, but not required, PMP certification
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible