Proactively manages security events and activities to reduce the impact of
security incidents and system compromises. The successful candidate will
provide security monitoring, threat analysis, trend analysis, troubleshooting
of security device monitoring and incident investigation using infrastructure
and applications logs from across the enterprise. Key member of the Incident
• 2+ years of demonstrated experience in system, network and/or application security
• Expert knowledge with Microsoft Windows Servers/Desktops
• Experience with Unix and Linux administration
• Working knowledge of Cisco Routers
• Solid internetworking troubleshooting skills
• Firm understanding of TCP IP, Firewalls, Enterprise- wide Antivirus management, HIDS/NIDS
• Security Operations
• High School Diploma
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certifications.
• Industry Security Certification (ie CISSP, CISA, Ethical Hacker, CompTIA Security +)
• Excellent problem management skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Strong sense of ownership and drive
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES:
• Accurate and rapid response to security events
• Analyze, correlate and respond to Security Reports and Feeds
• Analyze, correlate and respond to Security Alerts and Alarms
• Deployment and troubleshooting of host-based intrusion detection system (HIDS) and network intrusion detection system (NIDS)
• Manage security events using ITIL incident management
• Assist with rapid malware responses and phishing responses
• Advise and consult with internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling, and vulnerability management
• Interpret and apply security policies and procedures
• Participate in incident response
• Identify security issues and risks and then develop mitigation plans
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Incident Response
• Develop proactive security awareness campaigns
• Provide analysis and trending of security log data from various security devices
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry, including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes, and the development of new attacks and threat vectors
• Provide information security reporting, including security metrics as required
• Recommend solutions to mitigate risk in any activity that potentially impacts security of existing IT and information management
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Technical Intelligence: Knowledge and ability to define and apply appropriate technology to enhance business process
- Development Methodologies: Knowledge of general stages of SDLC framework and the application tiers within the development space.
- Information Security: Knowledge of the security considerations relevant within the development space, including industry best practices related to information security
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible