The Group Account Manager is responsible for providing dedicated account management support in the group intermediary segment to gain penetration, maximize revenue, defend and increase preference, loyalty and profitable share. By applying the principles of strategic account management, this position ensures pull-through of overall business strategies to build long-term relationships between Marriott International and intermediary partners. The individual works to develop, build and maintain long-term, value-based group customer relationships in order to achieve personal and team related revenue goals. Maintains relationships with all of the accounts’ group buyers and liaising with relevant cross-discipline resources (corporate, regional, market, property) around the world, to ensure effective pull-through of account strategies as well as assist with closing on critical high priority meetings to achieve results..
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area
- 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- 5+ total years of hotel industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance, preferred.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Targets group accounts, markets or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
- Creates and delivers customized solutions based on market conditions and individual group needs.
- Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new accounts with a focus on increasing business.
- Educates hotels on value of Intermediary Account and Segment to add value to hotel and maximize profit.
- Strives to achieve personal and market revenue goals.
- Provides proactive account management with a primary focus on the group intermediary segment.
- Maintains and grows business of existing accounts.
- Researches and analyzes account information and relevant data to identify new business opportunities in the group segment.
- Works with field account executives and hotels to create solutions.
- Develops and implements effective sales plans in the group intermediary segment.
- Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
- Provides project management oversight on the implementation of account related initiatives in the group segment.
- Provides tactical support to all account team members on the group intermediary segment.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date account information relating to group segment account plans.
- Maintains relationships with accounts’ key group buyers (large and small), end users as appropriate, and other buyers globally who impact the account’s group buying process.
- Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers.
- Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively.
- Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Services customers in order to grow share of the account.
- Executes and supports brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
- Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
- Gains understanding of the market’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Directs quality control of account data and management reporting.
- Utilizes intranet for resources and information.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflicts effectively.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Sales Ability: Persuasiveness - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Sales Disposition - Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and outlooks that characterize successful salespersons; exhibiting behavior styles that facilitate adaptation to the demands of the sales role.
- Sales Implementations - Driving and supporting the implementation of sales strategies and systems; seeking and taking appropriate actions on feedback; taking responsibility for implementation success.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible