Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Global Learning & Development team is dedicated to fueling the performance of our associates and accelerating innovation by thinking strategically and broadly about learning and talent development solutions. We design/develop/implement innovative learning experiences, and identify best practices and emerging trends in learning and talent development that support Marriott’s vision to be the world’s favorite travel company.
Your colleagues will include other consultants and learning professionals at various points in their careers but whose backgrounds include human capital consulting, program management, leadership development, user experience, instructional design, learning analytics and learning technology.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- This role is responsible for influencing the learning and talent development agenda of our iT Discipline. You will provide consultative services, build relationships with discipline stakeholders, and partner with learning professionals to scope, develop and deliver learning experiences that support the priorities of our Global Learning & Development team and your discipline stakeholders. Some of the learning solutions that you will play a role in scoping or supporting are programmatic in nature (e.g. new hire onboarding), where we will establish or significantly evolve a program. Others are to support the rollout and adoption of a tool or technology (e.g. performance management).
What this means:
- You will be expected to build partnerships with executive-level decision makers to understand priorities, gain insights into talent development needs and consult on the appropriate course of action. You will be expected to lead a regular cadence of business reviews, and proactively anticipate and bring issues and recommendations to your stakeholders for resolution.
- You can expect to work on multiple projects at once. In some cases, you will play a strategic role in scoping learning experiences for new initiatives. For others, you will play an advisory and support role to ensure that existing learning projects are aligned with the needs of your stakeholders and meet deployment and sustainment goals.
- You can also expect to take on projects that do not necessarily involve the design and development of learning solutions. Some of these projects include assessing/researching new learning vendors, partnering with the reporting team to analyze learning effectiveness, and upgrading processes or operational aspects of an existing program.
- You will be expected to strike a balance between working independently without continuous direction/supervision, and collaborating with learning professionals within Global Learning & Development to meet stakeholder objectives. You’ll receive guidance and support from the team’s Senior Director, to whom you’ll report, as well as other project owners.
YOU’RE WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR IF:
- You are passionate about learning and talent development. Our team supports learning and talent development for 650,000+ associates globally. This means that our team must be dedicated to architecting and delivering learner-centric experiences.
- You’re consultative. You ask smart questions, you are comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization and do so in a manner that gains confidence and trust.
- You can roll with the punches. You’re comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change, and adjust to evolving priorities, circumstances, direction, and personal styles.
- You’re organized, methodical and can prioritize. You can manage multiple work activities concurrently with minimal supervision, you prioritize work tasks in accordance with goals and you make effective use of time.
- You’re curious and inquisitive. You’re a life-long learner and actively seek out exposure to new ideas and practices. This means you’re current with learning and talent development best practices, and business / industry trends.
- Your glass is half full. You maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor at all times, even if ideas or recommendations are met with resistance.
- You’re a team player. You understand that we all have different strengths and as a result, we’re stronger as a collaborative team. You support your teammates in big and small ways and do your part to create a positive team environment.
- You’re a great communicator. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can do so with clarity, poise and persuasion.
- You’re analytical. You can dig into new problems, quickly assess situations, identify gaps and possible solutions.
OUR EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration or related major
- Graduate degree, MS/MBA (or equivalent) in Business Management or Organizational Development a plus
- Optional but highly preferred experiences include:
- Experience in consulting role / client-facing environment
- Experience in talent management, organizational development, learning solutions and/or change management
- Project management
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible