Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
*open to candidates in our Bethesda, MD office or our New York, NY office*
Education and Experience Preferred
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Brand, Marketing, or related major
- 2 years of relevant professional experience in brand, marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- Experience in travel, culinary, publishing, retail other lifestyle industry experience is preferred where experience development, talent culture and programming were key elements of the brand expression.
- Integrated Marketing experience ideally across digital, social media, PR and paid with brand awareness buzz as main goal. Must be able to effectively create and produce events that support partner needs, brand needs and hotel needs. Must be able to develop briefs for programs that outline the goals and budgets and KPIs. Able to plan and execute marketing plans & events, develop & distribute content, and evaluate the program success.
- Must have a combination of creative savviness business acumen.
- Represent the brands at times with design, development and ownership groups; must have strong presentation skills
- Strong project management experience
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Captivate, and the Articulate Platform (preferred)
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Support team leadership in driving the strategic direction for the brand.
- Work on a team of people who serve as brand stewards, working with all corporate teams to ensure the proliferation of the brand via all audiences including but not limited to: Owners Franchisees, Developers, Customers, Consumers, Guests, Loyalty Members Associates. As a large portion of this responsibility, may:
- Co-lead the development and sustainment of consumer and customer experience initiatives with the global operations team
- Support 3D design initiative development and sustainment in partnership with Global Design Strategies team
- Support associate engagement and education initiatives sometimes in partnership with Learning and Development team
- Works with cross-functional teams to frame up business challenges and develop strategic and tactical plans to drive market share.
- Collaborates with internal partners to research industry best-practices and forward looking trends to identify areas of opportunity for future initiatives
- Reviews competitive information and develops recommendations.
- Participates in the development of and sometimes delivery of brand presentations to share with key stakeholders on brand strategy, framework, positioning and results to key audiences, including Quarterly GM Webcasts, Annual presentations to B2B / Sales audiences at trade shows, Global and annual Continent Brand meetings, Quarterly GM orientation, marketing manager summit, immersions, etc.
- Support with logistics and managing content for Continent Brand conference calls and webinars with Area Vice Presidents, General Managers, Hotel Teams, etc. Collaborate with various teams throughout the organization to ensure brand representation and alignment
- Manage brand resources on intranet for corporate hotel stakeholders
- Supports hotels with questions on brand resources, programs, etc.
- Contributes to an environment of sharing best practices and creative ideas business strategies with Continent (International) Brand Teams
- Overall serves as the brand ambassador to hotels and other key stakeholders
- Works on a team that owns the Brand Positioning, develops manages the Brand’s Visual Identity, develops communication tools and templates to Ensure Consistent Execution by broader organization and hotels.
- Supports team leadership in developing the Global Brand Marketing Messaging Strategy with a top funnel focus
- Collaborates with and supports the Continent (International) Brand Teams on their marketing plans
- Owns portions of the North America Brand Marketing Plan with a top-funnel focus. As part of this, may:
- Assist in developing and executing a comprehensive marketing plan for the Brand that encompasses internal and external audiences
- Help develop and drive execution of integrated marketing strategies (in collaboration with digital/social team, PR team, entertainment marketing team, media agencies. Creative agencies, etc.) in support of the brand strategies and stated performance goals
- Oversee creative development for assigned marketing communication initiatives.
- Manage budget is responsible for results of assigned marketing initiatives
- Develop, manage execute (property experience marketing) assigned brand partnerships in collaboration with partnerships team
- Collaborates with Americas Field Marketing who owns Mid to Lower funnel efforts
- Encourage property pull-through of brand marketing initiatives with the development of Activation Toolkits (PR, Social, Experiential, Digital, etc.)
- Supports halo-hotel marketing initiatives opening activities
- Supports all external marketing efforts with internal communications
- May be assigned a special project on behalf of the brands
- Informs, updates, and provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible