Overview of Project Train: This project will design and implement a centralized technology tool to enable contractual calculations of management/franchise fees and reimbursable programs and services (P&S), as well as establish a centralized P&S inventory – the “contract engine”. The engine will enable calculations in compliance with US GAAP and related accounting policies. The Project Team is responsible to design and implement end to end business process changes within Corporate headquarters and Continents.
Overview of Position: The Manager will be a key contributor in supporting the required Owner Franchise Billing (OFB) business process changes for the Marriott Finance departments and OFB configuration needed for Project Train. The Manager will partner with the Accenture Hospitality Services (AHS) team and the FCC-Project Team to plan for OFB related business process changes and OFB reconfiguration. This position will lead the efforts of identifying impacted OFB business processes, make recommendations, implement and document the changes to Marriott’s business processes. Implementation of the Contract Engine will include establishing standard and consistent procedures on a global basis, mitigate risk through automation, standardize SOX controls around Marriott’s billings.
The Manager will work with multiple stakeholders including Finance Business Partners Teams, Continents, Corporate leadership, other Finance and discipline teams, as well as external stakeholders. She/he must be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, identifying profitable opportunities, anticipating challenges, devising and executing breakthrough strategies/approaches to deliver against the current and future business priorities, and engaging and partnering with key business leaders and owners, thereby strengthening Marriott’s competitive advantage through excellence in financial management.
- Lead Marriott Finance Teams in defining new OFB business procedures for billing that relate to Project Train.
- Partner with Project Train team to support OFB reconfiguration and contract engine configuration as required to support the implementation.
- Serve as a liaison between Marriot Finance Teams and AHS to ensure the new OFB business processes are identified and implemented timely.
- Partner with Project Train team (both Marriott and Accenture Associates) to ensure stakeholders remain aligned and updates for OFB configuration, business processes & change management activities are completed.
- Partner with the Project team members to define new/changed business process roles and responsibilities as they relate to the OFB system to support Finance Business Partner’s accountability, and contribute to the change management strategy and implementation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Project Team, Continent stakeholders, Centers of Expertise, Accenture Hospitality Services, Finance Business Partners and other subject matter experts, to effectively influence business decisions, financial outcomes, and optimize overall work effectiveness in support of Project Train.
- Partner with Project team to develop and manage execution of the project plan to ensure key deliverables and deadlines of the project are establish and met.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a management role, preferably leading a team; demonstrated success leading and developing others in a complex, service-intensive, deadline-driven environment.
- Marriott International experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted finance and accounting policies, principles and controls; as well as Marriott-specific accounting and finance processes and systems.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of MI business model and management and franchisee contracts.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing; listens to others and effectively comprehends information; creates an environment allowing timely information flows throughout the organization.
- Understanding of Marriott’s management contracts and business models.
- Well-organized and strong organizational and managerial skills to be able to manage multiple priorities, adjust to changing business demands and follow through on commitments.
- Proficient in spreadsheet and other business software applications.
- Strong people management skills; ability to motivate others to perform at peak levels; ability to enhance the organization’s capabilities through effective management of resources and skills.
- High degree of initiative; highly motivated self-starter.
- Supports, manages and initiates change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace. - Fosters relationships and a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
Education and Professional Certification
- Baccalaureate degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required
- CPA or MBA preferred
This position will be based at MI Corporate Headquarters.
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible