Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Purpose:Provide Project Management, Installation Coordination and Training Services at International and domestic properties pre/during/post hotel openings and conversions. Display understanding and skills to provide training to business clients in the efficient use of new business systems/applications. Managing the projects and coordinating the work of several Information Technology (iT) groups and vendors. Provide leadership and guidance during implementations and upgrades.
- Continent Lodging Services (position is part of CLS)
- Marriott Regional Teams
- International Lodging – Property Based Associates and Executive Committee
- Micros Fidelio installation teams
Measurements of Success:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Complete all assigned projects within stated budget and timeframe
- Achieve defined cost savings for business results
- Effectiveness as an individual contributor, as well as a team player
- Installation completed on-time with required skill level achieved by hotel staff
Areas of Responsibility:
- Project Management tasks for Opera conversions/installations
- Manages small projects and business processes.
- Provides input on cost savings opportunities and accountable and responsible to achieve and stay within department budget.
- Provides leadership and guidance during the project to all levels of a hotel property and works with the property on local requirements.
- Connects various hotel systems to Marriott’s central systems such as MARSHA – Marriott’s centralized reservation system, Peoplesoft – Marriott’s backoffice and finance system, Mystique – Ritz-Carlton’s Guest Relation system, Empower GXP – Guest Experience Platform and Marriott Rewards (SGI) – Marriott’s Guest rewards system
- Joins on-going leadership discussions which contribute to the technical and strategic decisions for the Company
- Translates operating plans into workable processes and programs.
- Communicates with General Managers and key leadership at the hotels, Ownership groups, Franchisee groups as well as various senior leadership/Vice Presidents within the Company
- Development and delivery of all relevant course materials
- On-site coordination, including training class schedule, class room setup, hotel status meetings and communications
- Provide Hotel with pre-work requirements including pre-conference calls discussing implementation and training process
- Support Business project leaders at each hotel location in resource requirements, decision making, etc.
- Attend Opera training classes on-site to address questions regarding Marriott’s use of the Opera software and procedural impact and ensure Marriott Standards are being trained properly
- Validate software and shell version is the most current version
- Assist the Opera project team with the conversion and cut-over process and any other duties necessary to ensure an on-time and successful installation
- Ensure the property understands and follows the documented Business Process Changes. Implements and manages changes.
- Surface and escalate issues related to training and installation activities
- Provide post implementation support to the property as assigned by the Regional Senior Manager Information Technology (or asked by hotel)
- Report on progress during the installation as well as a complete trip report following the installation
- Assist with the update of installation documentation as required
- Train Hotel Associates on Marriott Standard processes, Marriott Rewards handling and MARSHA 2-way interface, including but not limited to Error log, Certificate processing and input standards
- Ensure high quality and consistent repetitive training
- Ability to incorporate hotel business scenarios into training curriculum based on Marriott’s operational standards
- Deliver training in an effective way such that the material is understood and applied quickly and effectively on the job.
- Ensure customer incurs no delays in onsite implementation that directly affects revenue generation
- Ensure the conversion meets planned schedules and creates the least disruption to hotel management team so guest service if not affected.
- Ensures all company policies and guidelines are followed and installed systems meet PCI (Payment Card Industry) and PPI (Protected Personal Information) regulations.
- Performs Systems audits as directed with focus on Opera PMS.
- Full autonomy and authority to manage assigned functions and responsibilities as deemed most effective.
- Assist in the identification of potential solutions to business training problems through the use of interface, analytical skills and business knowledge
- Responds to complex questions and problems with minimal guidance.
- Has authority to identify problems, develop and, with proper approval, implement solutions.
- Complete written reports in English detailing work completed, outstanding issues and recommendations for each property visit. Distribute to hotel, Regional offices and other stakeholders as needed.
- Responsible to train and certify internal staff, iT Trainers (train the trainer)
- Provide remote training via approved Web Conferencing tools
- Home based or on Property. Based in Florida, United States
- 80-90% International or domestic travel, throughout the Americas which will vary considerably in duration and timing, as dictated by the needs of our customers.
- Hours of work, on-call status and other working conditions will be dictated exclusively by the needs of our customers, Manager Information Technology or designee and Regional Team. If not at a hotel, still need to provide support from home.
Technical Qualifications and education required:
Technical skills / computer:
- Previous experience with one or more of the following; Opera PMS or Opera S&C, Marriott FS PMS, Galaxy Lightspeed (and MARSHA)
- Must know Opera PMS – Configuration and Operation
- Must know standard operating procedures from a large hotel operation, preferable linked to a large hotel chain
- Must be current on Microsoft’s suite of office products
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in Spanish required
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English required
- Fluent in Portuguese preferred and considered an advantage
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Proven oral and written communication and presentation skills for various audiences
- Excellent Training skills
- Ability to work effectively with a limited amount or no supervision
- Prior International assignment/experience with International properties
- Excellent training, organizational and scheduling skills within all levels of the organization
- Training Experience (Training Certification II preferred)
- BS/BA degree or Equivalent in appropriate field
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ hotel/property management experience
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible