The Learning + Development team supports the development of training across sales, marketing/digital, Customer Engagement Centers, and revenue management disciplines across the globe. With an eye toward modern trends in digital learning, we revitalize existing materials and build new learning events from the group up. We thrive in an agile, active learning world and embrace iterative approaches to the materials we create.
Your colleagues will include other instructional designers, as well as delivery managers and subject matter experts in the organizations for which we support training development.
This is a project-oriented role in which you’ll use prior learning development experience to support learning development for Marriott’s global call centers, known as Customer Engagement Centers (CEC’s). You will engage creativity and flexibility as you will work with a variety of subject matter experts, and develop for different audiences. Your experience with design and development methods in the hospitality or service industry is critical to your success in this position. Experience and understanding of call center / service-oriented organizations and the unique requirements for that audience is preferred.
- You will design and develop training that facilitates behavior change, transfers critical knowledge, and develops technical and strategic skills in our associates.
- You’ll assist Sr. Manager, Learning Development in evaluating the effectiveness of training programs and ensuring training meets the business needs and objectives.
- You will support business as usual operations as well as the build and implementation for new initiatives, integration efforts, enhancements and upgrades to existing training for the groups supported.
- You will also plan and analyze the functional and business support of specific learning needs and work closely with business leaders, numerous internal support teams, and vendors to ensure the successful development and integration of the learning deliverables.
This position can be located remotely, with some travel to our corporate headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland.
You possess experience in the subjects below and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
- You’re fully engaged with and can demonstrate adult learning theory and iterative instructional design methodologies (i.e., ADDIE, Successive Approximation Model (SAM)).
- You’ve got experience in designing, developing, and implementing high impact learning solutions, using a variety of innovative approaches.
- You thrive when able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- You’ve developed excellent written communication skills.
- You’ve got experience with program and project management skills.
- You’ve got experience with and a love for development using tools such as Articulate, Storyline, Captivate, Lectora, Adobe Creative Cloud Applications.
- You’re also a great candidate if you have Hospitality Industry and Marketing expertise preferred with general knowledge of Sales, Call Centers, and Revenue Management
On a daily basis, you will be able to demonstrate skills in Design & Development, Functional Results, Managing Execution, and Building Relationships. Including:
- Building learning items from analysis, design, and storyboard, through the development of final deliverables
- Interacting with subject matter experts across a variety of clients, e.g., discipline or brand, to design and develop effective learning solutions.
- Clearly and concisely present ideas to clients on learning item design.
- Exploring alternative methods/mediums of providing training to the field.
- Managing time and resources to meet project deadlines, budget goals and changing business and/or market needs.
- Ensuring training is global and applicable across all brands/audiences within each discipline when applicable.
- Working as a project leader to achieve results in a team environment.
- Managing multiple projects and processes on time and on budget.
- Developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, across regions, brands, and disciplines.
OUR EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS/BA degree (required). Advanced degree or additional certification a plus.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of instructional design and development experience, including:
- ADDIE and/or SAM development models
- Rapid e-learning design
- Learning transfer methodology and training efficacy measurement
- Optional, but preferred:
- Call Center Learning experience
- Hospitality or hotel industry experience
- Project management experience
- Graphic design and/or video creation experience
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible