The Manager, Loyalty Support Marketing will manage the development of loyalty marketing programs to increase guest loyalty, member engagement, profit, and other corporate objectives. The position will be responsible for developing email marketing creative, production and deployment for members of Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest, as well as non-member guests. The manager will develop strategies for personalized, one-to-one, consumer-facing communications, and oversee their implementation and delivery. The ideal candidate will be metrics driven and highly organized, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This position reports to the Director of Loyalty Support Marketing.
CANDIDATE PROFILEEducation and Experience Preferred
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Hospitality or related major
• 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in eCommerce, digital marketing, email marketing, or related function
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Revenue and Business Objectives
• Lead development and deployment of email campaigns to members of Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest, as well as non-member guests, that meet or exceed goals for revenue, open rate, clickthrough rate, click-to-open rate and unsubscribes
• Develop and implement consumer-centric, behavior-based communications programs, driving increased engagement and revenue
• Activate customer segmentation, targeting, content, and messaging strategies to increase engagement, open/click rates and revenues
Program Development, Execution and Analysis
• Lead development and execution of flawless and timely email marketing campaigns for Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest
• Manage and maintain marketing production schedule and launch calendar to ensure appropriate cadence and consistency of consumer touchpoints
• Provide direction for creative agencies, including campaign objectives, messaging and imagery, ensuring all consumer touchpoints are optimized for a mobile experience
• Drive enhanced personalization to increase timeliness and relevance of communications in email, on the web and mobile devices
• Assist with implementation of omni-channel CRM programs to coordinate marketing touchpoints across email, web, mobile and other platforms
Reporting and Analysis
• Analyze performance of online campaigns to optimize results
• Implement test-and-learn curriculum to continually optimize performance
• Analyze competitive marketplace to identify program improvements
• Monitor email-marketing industry activities and competitive trends, both inside and outside of the travel vertical
Work Teams and Vendor Relations
• Co-manage multiple external vendors for the strategy, production and delivery of member marketing campaigns
• Day-to-day point of contact with creative and deployment agencies
• Work with internal stakeholders such as marketing systems, continent teams, legal, brands, promotions, digital, mobile, social, field marketing and other areas as appropriate
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
• Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.Managing Execution
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.Building Relationships
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible