The Manager, Transitions will support the successful execution of transitioning hotels across all Marriott International brands in the Americas with a focus on Hotel Terminations and Hotel Relicensings. This position will partner with key stakeholders i.e. Legal, Development Asset Management, MBS, OFS and other stakeholders in the transition process including the on the ground hotel teams executing the transition. Coordinate transition efforts with the area cluster teams (Engineering, IR, Revenue Management, Global Sales) and Area VP/Directors.
JOB FAMILY CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Hotel Terminations [Multi-unit project management (30 - 50 annually) and overall process management]
- Manage system exit process including brand integrity, guest service, and data management to ensure Marriott managed and Franchise managed hotels transition properly.
- Manage all facets of transition developments, including process communication, transition timeline, communicate to all departments associated with the transition, inclusive of area cluster teams, Marriott Global Sales, Area VP/Directors.
- Coordinate IR to ensure access and hardware removal for Marriott proprietary systems.
- Facilitate communications and the process within Marriott regarding divestitures, closing of sales and reservation systems, guest notifications, shared services, removal of proprietary items, energy contracts, and data requests.
- Partner with Marriott Rewards Redemption Department and Marriott’s Legal Department to provide data content for inclusion in the term agreement. Assist with due diligence requests and coordinate with MBS, Owner Reporting, Revenue Management, and Marriott’s Global Sales Organization
- Support brand integrity and ensure positive brand recognition.
- Execute, communicate and ensure compliance with Legal.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders assigned to process transitions (Legal, Information Resources, Revenue Management, Global Sales Team, Customer Care, Marketing & eCommerce, PMS, MARSHA Reservation Team, SPG Global Content Team, Credit Card Ops, Micros, Finance, Contract Compliance).
- Facilitate with the transition and/or creation of SFAWeb licenses and/or ROS access.
- Communicate with Marriott’s Global Sales on the proper action steps to transition the hotel from their service.
- Audit access of key business applications.
- Review BSA process, standards, thresholds and accountability with management company.
- Facilitate conference calls to review the EID and SW1 creation process, ADID transition and business application registration for the incoming management company.
- Provide recommendations for a successful transition, including the use of the Technical Training Service (Full service only) by the incoming Management Company.
- Conduct conference calls to discuss Hotel Relicensing & Training Support Services program
- Coordinate initial contact and email notifications to owner/managers regarding the Hotel Relicensing & Training Support Services program
- Review Land-it system and functionality with management company.
- Maintain, distribute, and update all electronic documents and websites pertaining to transitions.
- Champion transition related directives and strategies and educate all applicable stakeholders.
- Execute and communicate annual revisions of FDD, brand standards, and Quality Assurance program.
- Identify ongoing transition needs.
- Monitor Transitions mailbox and delegate tasks to Senior Managers as necessary
- Discuss property expectations with trainer
- Process billing submissions
- Coordinate Marriott rep for MSB Hotel Exit Walk – secure resource and explain program and expectations
- Retrieve OASIS reports for Hotel Relicensing & Training Support Services program on a weekly/bi-weekly basis
- Coordinate scheduling/participate in schedule call/issue travel releases for Operations Training
- Refine and update process documents
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Negotiate issue resolution.
- Strong Project Management skills, able to manage several projects at once.
- Strong Process Management skills.
- Possess excellent owner relationship skills.
- Complete working knowledge of Marriott Reward and SPG systems: MARSHA, FOSSE, PMS, Valhalla, ROS, Opera, LightSpeed, Starboard Reports, StarGuest. OneYield, MRDW, MarRFP, Outlook, etc.
- Demonstrate technical skills; must be computer literate and familiar with all Microsoft applications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of brand standards across all 31 Marriott brands, job descriptions and culture.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of pricing and yield management.
- Understand Quality Assurance, SPG and Marriott Rewards programs, etc.
- Integrate and interpret various sources of information.
- Maintain excellent consensus-building, persuasion, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Exhibit effective public speaking and presentations skills.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
- Actively support the development, training and mentoring of associates.
- Manage the "quality" process in areas of guest service and associate satisfaction.
- Establish measure and monitor associate learning processes.
- Ability to manage upward, ability to lead and influence change.
- Effectively communicate to several levels of the organization.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Exhibit effective listening skills and willingness to resolve issues in a positive manner; encourage diversity of ideas.
- Skills to negotiate a win-win outcome.
- Demonstrate account management skills across an organization.
- Strong hotel/ market experience and/or knowledge with a familiarity of Marriott Rewards and SPG lodging products/ brands/ hotel operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Travel 20% of the time
- Marriott Corporate Headquarters based preferred
- Knowledge of SPG and MI operations preferred
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible