Specific Job Summary
- Provide direct support to the attorneys and assist other members of the Group in the performance of their duties and responsibilities.
- Interface with franchise development personnel, franchisees, and their administrative staff to conduct organizational due diligence and obtain all required information for completion of franchise, and related agreements.
- Prepare drafts of franchise documents (including franchise and related agreements, comfort letters, amendments, and other agreements), primarily utilizing forms and standardized provisions; prepare drafts of negotiated changes to agreements
- Review and screen information, comments and questions received from franchisees and their counsel.
- Prepare initial draft responses for attorney review.
- Facilitate full execution of documents by franchisees and ensure executed originals are returned and filed appropriately.
- Undertake special assignments, including research, review, and analysis of contract documentation and other issues, as requested.
- Maintain and update database for hotels in territory and up-to-date tracking of the status of franchise documents from receipt of franchisee's application to the opening of the hotel.
- Obtain information and assist in the preparation of franchise disclosure documents and collateral documents for submission to government authorities.
- Respond as necessary to miscellaneous franchise development issues.
- Two year college degree and
- At least three years of relevant work experience
- At least ten years of relevant work experience as a paralegal
Has substantive subject matter paralegal experience, preferably in a transactional, real estate, or general corporate practice
Paralegal Certificate preferred but not required.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and skills as follows:
- Strong project management skills, and ability to meet simultaneous deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively, specifically:
- Ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise manner in both writing and verbally;
- Ability to interact effectively and develop positive, professional working relationships with clients as well as team member
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent judgment and use of discretion;
- Superior attention to detail;
- Diligence, dependability and strong work ethic;
- Ability to remain calm in high stress situations, demonstrate “grace under pressure”, and lead by example;
- Ability to adapt to changing work demands;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Familiarity with database functionality and operation;
- Availability for minimal travel;
- Flexibility for overtime.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible