Double-tap if this sounds like you: A creative powerhouse who isn’t afraid of taking risks that are rooted in witty copy, cultural trends and brand insights. This role will bring the brand voice to life daily, interacting with guests 1:1. You have your finger on the pulse of new and upcoming cultural trends and constantly seek opportunities to advocate on behalf of the brand. You could teach a class on how to use and maximize engagement on Instagram, including Stories. You're a strategic decision maker with the ability to determine whether to move forward with a real-time opportunity based on brand positioning, social strategy and brand guidelines. Think you’ve got what it takes? Give us a shout.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT (40%)
· Create compelling social media content calendars for channels such as Facebook and Instagram. Gain approvals, schedule and publish.
· Responsible for uploading content to YouTube and other channels as needed, utilizing SEO best practices.
· Source photos from the brand’s database. Crop and adjust as necessary for publishing.
· Partner with graphic designers to develop social-first assets as needed.
· Work with internal and agency partners to incorporate social-first content into larger integrated marketing campaigns.
· Consult on paid social media campaigns as the subject matter expert.
· Support brand marketing and partnership initiatives as needed.
· Develop and distribute foundational social media strategy resources as needed.
COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT & MODERATION (20%)
· Monitor and review user-generated comments and posts.
· Respond, when appropriate, in order to foster and build a positive community, adding value to the guest’s experience.
· Answer private messages and route to Customer Care as needed.
· Identify and moderate user-generated content (UGC) for pull-through online.
· Responsible for brand’s community growth and online share of voice goals as a result of active engagement.
· Ensure brand maintains a strong online voice consistent with marketing goals.
INFLUENCER MARKETING (15%)
· Mine for high-impact fan engagements with celebrities, influencers, other brands and brand advocates.
· Identify and manage influencers for activations in partnership with the Manager, Digital & Social Marketing.
EVENT ACTIVATION (15%)
· Support brand events, hotel openings, and partner events as needed. Estimated at 5-10 domestic and/or international trips throughout the year.
· Plan and executive live content capture and event coverage as needed.
· Utilize social listening tools and platforms to generate community insights.
· Summarize UGC insights and community conversations to create actionable reports that lead to optimization.
Education and Experience Preferred
· 4-year degree from an accredited university in Advertising, Marketing, Journalism or related major
· 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in social media/marketing
· Experience in social media, copywriting/copyediting and photo editing preferred
· Creatively rich portfolio or work samples that showcase memorable social-first copywriting
· Strong communication skills, capable of building relationships within a community
· Ability to analyze data and translate into actionable strategies
· Enthusiastic self-starter and creative thinker who can champion ideas from ideation to execution
· Thrives under pressure in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
· Knowledge and passion for travel is a plus
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Administration & General
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract