This position serves a critical function within the Meeting Planning Services team, supporting both team and business objectives. Position works with a fair amount independence, but within established guidelines. Typically assists with planning a program(s) or a portion of a program(s) within the department for customer events, industry trade shows and internal meetings to include Sales and Marketing, Brand General Managers, and Franchise Owners within Marriott International. Responsibilities include supporting the lead managers with planning, resourcing, ordering, execution and support of all event types. Program(s) typically have a division-wide or Company-wide scope. Work is generally varied and administrative or project-oriented. Work involves monitoring for regulatory compliance.
- The candidate is an expert in their areas of responsibility for the events planned.
- Answers questions pertaining to the events planned and provides detailed information regarding the logistics and operations plan of the events. Candidate provides expert technical guidance for the events and provides administrative support for the procedures surrounding the events.
- Researches and responds to all questions regarding the events including frequently and infrequently asked questions or nonrecurring issues. Independently performs research and analysis needed to address any questions or issues and provides all-encompassing analysis of such issues in order to present information to the group.
- Composes correspondence or documents pertaining to the events being administered. Many times the correspondence or documents involve unique information pertaining to a specific event.
- Processes and manages data related to the administration of the events through an automated system as well as manual reporting. May develop and/or maintain a tracking or reporting system pertaining to the events) being administered utilizing spreadsheet, database or mainframe software.
- Requires polished demeanor and communication, both written and verbal, in managing daily duties. Candidate needs to professionally represent the team on a consistent basis as there is heavy interaction with event owners, senior executives, hotel owners, and top internal and external customers.
- Candidate needs to be a self-starter with the ability to think proactively, execute flawlessly and produce detailed, accurate work with a high level of proficiency.
- Lead the creation of event registration sites and partner with event lead on the creation of websites for assigned events. Provide regular reports from registration site as requested.
- Customer Service for events through generic department e-mail box, phone inquiries and other incoming inquiries.
- Manage process for the creation of electronic and printed materials for events and coordinate with vendor on ordering, execution and delivery.
- Manage transportation and manifest information for events as well as communicate with destination management company and hotel on the same.
- Manage on-site registration desk and ensure all registration materials are accounted for. Create awareness guide for events consisting of all pertinent event information for host team members, event owners and hotel, including team travel manifest.
- Ship all necessary event/office materials to host hotel location and manage shipping manifest. Provide shipping instructions to others to ship to host hotel location. Manage return shipping from event host hotel back to headquarters. Ability to lift up to 50 lb. boxes for shipping and inventory purposes.
- Provide administrative support to the department leaders.
- Inventory all expected shipments from headquarters and vendors to ensure receipt of all materials.
- Manage organization of on-site staff office, registration desk and ensure all registration materials are accounted for and compiled as needed for distribution.
- Source and/or produce additional materials as needed for successful completion of the event.
- Coordinate with destination management company, hotel and/or transportation company on manifest arrivals and departures. Coordinate with group housing on rooming list and subsequent billing parameters.
- Continued database management of new registrants, cancellations and accompanying information. General record keeping for all new information, changes or additions on-site.
- Work with corporate photographer on photo set list, communicate post-conference utilization of photos, and submit any special requests.
- Manage all shipments back to MIHQ at event conclusion.
- Other duties as assigned by project lead.
- Receive and account for all return shipments back to MIHQ. Inventory materials and maintain storage room in an organized fashion.
- Reconcile final attendee list for purposes of charge outs and send to accounting with the event lead’s approval.
- Archive all important documents in team share at the conclusion of the event.
- Create, facilitate and administer post-event attendee surveys with event owner’s feedback.
- Work with corporate photographer to obtain final photo compilation for distribution.
- Work with event lead and event owner on any additional post-conference communications.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Position requires a thorough knowledge of the administrative processes related to the position and a complete knowledge of the department's policies, procedures, products and services, customers and vendors typically gained through extensive years of related experience. Incumbent is viewed as a technical expert on the program(s) they administer.
- Position requires expert knowledge of advanced functions of one or more business software packages, primarily excel, word processing, spreadsheet and database.
- Position requires a complete knowledge of the technical regulatory requirements that pertain to the program(s) being administered.
- Candidate receives minimal supervision. Instructions are received at the beginning of complex events, special projects and sensitive assignments and the resulting work is generally discussed throughout the planning process and then reviewed at completion. Candidate has a high level of autonomy when handling requirements of their position.
- Candidate is responsible for working with supervisor to set priorities, establish appropriate deadlines and understand procedures for completing responsibilities. There may be significant variation in daily workload which requires constant, independent prioritization.
- Position requires anticipated travel of 15%.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Administration & General
- Starting in
- As soon as possible