The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Manager, Financial Reporting and Analysis (FR&A) and be an integral member of the Financial Reporting team. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for the financial reporting of several sections of the balance sheet and cash flow statements, providing assistance with the preparation of the consolidated reporting packages provided to Senior Management, and assisting in the MIP-66 Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation process. They will partner with others within FR&A and throughout the Global Finance organization to help ensure the accuracy of the Company’s financial statements.
- Assist Manager and Director with the preparation of the quarterly and annual Consolidated Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Management Reporting Packages and other team deliverables.
- Be the primary financial reporting contact for several sections of the balance sheet and cash flow statements across segments. Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with process owners to understand and document current processes and to develop financial reporting process improvements.
- Accurately reporting these sections in the quarterly management reports.
- Identifying key risks and opportunities during balance sheet and cash flow reviews and assist in developing new ways to present that information to provide senior management with meaningful and actionable reports.
- Coordinate receipt of supporting schedules from various preparers. Verify and document the accuracy and completeness of each schedule and discuss significant activity with preparer. Analysis will include obtaining an understanding of the components of the budget versus actual activity.
- Prepare interim and year-end PBCs as well as assist in the preparation of quarterly SEC reporting requirements.
- Review significant cash flow elimination entries and verify accuracy of cash flow presentation through review of supporting schedules, analysis, and discussions with process owners.
· Assist in the MIP-66 Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation process by consolidating current quarter exceptions, following up on prior quarter exceptions, working with area owners to clarify exceptions and comments, and highlighting and summarizing risks for senior management.
- Assist in managing and maintaining Excel models, Essbase cubes, Hyperion Financial Reporting/Management reports, PeopleSoft trees, Access Databases, and Reporting Databases used to produce various balance sheet and cash flow reports and other analysis.
- Perform special balance sheet, cash flow and financial analysis projects as directed.
KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE
· Two to four years of accounting experience, audit experience preferred.
· Strong computer skills. Experience with Excel, MS Access, PeopleSoft and Hyperion Financial Reporting/Essbase preferred.
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
· Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting required goals and deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills – ability to develop alternatives and solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
· CPA preferred.
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration