Marriott International is seeking an experienced Senior Creative Director to join our internal Agency team. We’re looking for an exceptional storyteller who likes to break from the status quo and can manage and produce high level concepts across all platforms that deliver results. The Creative Director will work with a team responsible for creating impactful creative assets that elevate Marriott International’s portfolio of brands and loyalty program. The right candidate will have a strong cultural fluency and be on the pulse of consumer sentiment. The right candidate will also be a team player, a thought leader and ability to contribute to our teams’ learning and development.
Responsibilities include overseeing personalized marketing initiatives across all platforms, brand design and development, social/mobile content, and amplification of existing Marriott International marketing initiatives.
We are looking for someone who can help shape and grow our team, as well roll up their sleeves to execute off briefs. The Creative Director should come to the table with a solid background in creative strategy and know how to create a consumer journey that can engage consumers and turn them into loyal fans. Being a great storyteller and utilizing all of the major digital distribution channels will be key to driving success.
The Creative Director must possess deep experience and practical expertise in branding, strategy, execution and visual design, as well as a high competency for managing a large, interdisciplinary team on the most complex of projects.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in the hospitality industry, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance AND
- 4-year degree from an accredited
university in Advertising and or/graphic design, or related major. MA preferred
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience in branding (substantial agency experience preferred), demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance
- Experience managing and defining transformational strategies for business units.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity
- Prior track record of development of outstanding creative, with a deep understanding of brand building around hospitality
- Extensive experience leading and managing breakthrough design work, and the development and implementation of large and complex creative initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational and time management skills, and a detail-oriented approach to problem solving
Managing Projects and Priorities
- Motivates and inspires passion within creative team to produce innovative, compelling work of the highest standard
- Oversees visual identity design projects across all Marriott brands globally
- Leads work from initiation to completion; determines how best to leverage creative talent
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and ensure completion of projects on schedule
- Gives clear, constructive critique of staff work that is both strategic and creative to facilitate an exceptionally high standard of output
- Partners with brands to develop new creative; ensures that brand expectations are well-managed to facilitate strong relationships, while at the same time advocating for the creative group
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders; collaborates with internal partners and stakeholders to support business initiatives and strategies
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities; executes business priorities from a creative standpoint
- Creates a team environment that empowers, and encourages creativity, innovation, accountability, and continuous improvement
- Sets clear goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds direct report(s) accountable for performance
- Translates broader organizational initiatives into relevant goals for direct report(s)
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication with direct report(s)
- Guides the professional development of team members; attracts, retains, coaches and mentors high quality staff
- Uses metrics to craft unique user experiences
- Has a deep understanding of social & digital channels and creative principals for all platforms
- Remains current on industry, cultural, and technology trends, and look for opportunities to proactively incorporate them into your team's creative concepts
- Constantly thinks beyond advertising and social media platforms; anything that drives conversations, engagement and conversion across platforms around the world.
- Works with teams to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
- Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure accurate reporting.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
- Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen – Expertly understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations, generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges, and function as a thought leader in his or her area of expertise.
- Photoshop, Illustrator
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.