The Senior Director, Loyalty Digital Strategy supports the creation and delivery of the Digital product strategy for Marriott International’s Loyalty programs. The Senior Director is responsible for facilitating research efforts and engagements to outline and refine features and incentives of key initiatives to drive program engagement, particularly with the next generation traveler’s preferences in mind. The Senior Director develops, leads, and refines key initiatives for the Loyalty program. This position will connect heavily with a variety of teams including IT resources, digital product teams, Consumer Insights (CX) research teams, and third party resources to understand consumer preferences and industry options for creating Digital products that enhance Loyalty member experiences and engagement. This position helps to plan and facilitate execution of initiatives related to Loyalty product innovation. The Senior Director helps communicate and connect resources to the loyalty product road map so that partner teams can develop requirements and technology to bring it to life.
Education and Experience Preferred
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major; (MBA Preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in marketing, project management, strategy, or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
Key experiences include:
- Project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional project teams to drive concrete results and actions
- Must have excellent relationship development and management skills with both internal and external business partners; ability to say no with defensible business rationale
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams on issues related to the development of digital products, articulation of requirements for digital products, and research related to creating a strategy for digital products.
- Exposure to marketing through various channels: direct mail, email, web, contact centers, social media
- Strategic experience in shaping and influencing adoption of forward looking business initiatives
- Experience managing and delivering multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to interact and influence all levels of the organization through persuasive communication and analysis
- Analytical mindset
Supports the development and communication of a product road map for Digital Loyalty products.
- Outlines key features and incentives that will enhance the Loyalty member experience with a focus on next generation traveler’s preferences.
- Articulates requirements for key features and incentives that direct product development efforts.
- Coordinates efforts of iT, Digital platforms, and Consumer Insights to drive toward what product strategy and features need to be.
- Serves as Loyalty liaison for Development across all consumer channels (including Web, Mobile, & CEC)
- Manages aspects of proof of concepts associated with Loyalty Digital products.
- Works with outside agencies and technology partners to further our competitive advantage in loyalty.
Plans and manages the portfolio of product strategy and research resources.
- Plans and coordinates research and ideation for product development efforts.
- Works with other organizations about what is “needed” to create an engaged and profitable Loyalty community.
- Collaborates with VP, Design + Development, to co-author and communicate the Loyalty product road map.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new plans or programs. Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the quality of the teams’ operations.
- Provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of processes or programs.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Sets & manages against annual budget and submits annual planning requests.
- Supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
- Collaborates with internal partners and stakeholders to support business/initiative strategies
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities.
- Sets clear goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds direct report(s) accountable for performance.
- Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding department goals.
- Translates broader organizational initiatives into relevant goals for direct report(s).
- Creates and nurtures an environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, and continuous improvement.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication with direct report(s).
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Marketing, eCommerce, Loyalty Program Features and Operations.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration