The Senior Manager, Advertising Technology & Media Solutions will help Marriott’s Global Brand and Marketing organization realize its vision of delivering data driven, customer centric, omni-channel programs by managing capability roadmap(s) within the broader Marketing Platforms & Audience Distribution team, with a particular focus on Ad Tech and media solutions including the PLUS platform in support of Paid Media strategies.
This role will collaborate with partners across the organization to understand stakeholder needs, define the vision and features and capabilities for Ad tech and Media Solutions, delivering content, ads, offers, and other decisioned experiences to customers across paid, owned, and earned channels. S/he will actively manage a product roadmap, work across the organization and vendor partners to build consensus, and frequently communicate progress.
This role will keep our products innovating out in front of our competitive set by staying current on emerging technologies and business strategies in the buy and sell side of AdTech and media platforms. They will ensure their products are tightly integrated with the rest of the Marketing Platform through constant collaboration with other product peers on the team and alignment of roadmaps.
This role will champion the vision for the broader Marketing Platform approach outside of the department, lead and manage cross functional projects and/or product development teams, and work with other departments to realize this vision. Frequent collaborators include internal Global Brand and Marketing teams, agency and vendor partners, CX and other Digital Product teams, Project Management/Scrum masters, IT and Enterprise Architecture.
- 4-year degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major and 5-7 years of professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- MBA or other graduate-level degree in relevant field preferred
- 4+ years product management experience, preferably in the ad tech space
- Experience working with Personalization, CRM, and/or ecommerce technology preferred
- Knowledge and practice of core principals of software development lifecycles – preference for knowledge in Agile practices
- Proven skill in presentation, negotiation and persuasion of stakeholders
- Proven skill in leading and working across multiple and distinct functional organizations (e.g. IT, International, Marketing)
- Strong ability to speak with technical and creative teams and translate these areas to business teams, with an understanding of impacts
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, but within a large, complex business
Lead Development and Delivery of World-Class Ad Tech and Media Solutions
- Product Strategy
- Develop and actively forward-manage the product roadmap for broader AdTech capabilities
- Manage and lead the PLUS platform product roadmap and related programs, with a focus on driving continued efficient revenue growth through new features, more publishers, better analytics and automation, and additional media buying sophistication
- Primary liaison between Media COE teams (Paid Search, Affiliate, Performance Display, Paid Social, Metasearch) as it relates to AdTech and PLUS product development and enhancements
- Serve as a key business SME and point of contact for AdTech and PLUS platform capabilities
- Monitor the competitive marketplace and quantify new market opportunities
- Maintain alignment between product roadmaps with other teams including Data Strategy, CRM Platform, Content Management, M.com and Mobile App, and API
- Keep current on emerging technologies and business strategies that can enable increased relevancy for the guest across Marriott’s digital products
- Capability Analysis
- Analyze and benchmark product performance in the marketplace
- Continuously groom and ensure product backlog is aligned with current business priorities
- Identify optimization opportunities to drive continuous product management
- Identify and create mitigation plans for data and technology gaps that enable and accelerate future product capability development
- Partner with other Global Marketing and Product teams to balance trade-offs in performance, features and speed-to-market
- Development and Delivery
- Partner closely with CX, IT, Enterprise Architecture to align business capabilities to technology and data strategies
- Act as the main point of contact to manage technical planning, development and the implementation of product capabilities
- Drive product development through the entire product management lifecycle, from prioritization to release and sprint planning, manage business acceptance criteria, develop user stories, scenarios, and requirements
- Facilitate alignment of any product development dependencies with key platform initiatives and with other efforts in progress across digital channels including paid media, email, and other owned channels.
- Act as end-user advocate and ensure balanced decisions are made that consider development and support costs, risk, end-user experience, ongoing maintainability and reliability, and stakeholder needs across all digital business units
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across business, design and engineering teams to manage the scope of each product launch for on time, on budget delivery of features
- Define, document and drive key product business metrics and reporting
- Guide budget planning and manage product budget and timelines
- Activation Readiness & Support
- Define, document and drive a baseline of key business metrics and reporting to ensure high product performance
- Partner with Data Strategy, CRM Platform, IT and other development partners to ensure that the required capabilities and data are available within the timeframe required for activation of key personalization campaigns
- Partner with the Paid Media team to support go-to-market launch plans and continuous optimization tactics that leverage current product and platform capabilities
- Assess and define any immediate capability gaps across current activation needs and prioritize into product roadmap backlog
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Analytically inclined and passion for demonstrating value and ROI through quantifying performance vs. investment
- Ability to translate market opportunities into tangible marketing activation
- Ability to think big, but balance that with operational realities and tactical execution capabilities
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.