The Senior Manager, Data Domain Mgmt & Engineering will be responsible for developing and maintaining the data infrastructure to support the information needs of the Brand, Marketing, Sales & Consumer Services (BMSC) organization. This person will provide data analysis and consulting expertise to deliver against Marriott’s broader Data and Analytics agenda. The senior manager will provide technical support to large-scale Marriott reporting and operational projects; implement system and business process changes to improve data quality; and support departmental initiatives in the areas of data governance, data management, and analytics. This role will focus on supporting our Co-Brand Credit Card data, including driving strategies to increase acquisitions and deepen engagement among our credit card base, working with our banking partners and data science team to identify new sources of information to drive data science efforts.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or quantitative discipline;
- 2-year graduate degree from an accredited university in Business Administration or quantitative discipline preferred
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in business intelligence, data warehousing, and systems development
- Strong knowledge of data warehouse technologies and experience with data engineering to support Business Intelligence and Machine Learning is desired.
- Working knowledge of click-level web analytics data, unstructured/semi-structured data sets, or other forms of big data
- Experience with financial or credit card data, digital marketing ecosystem, and loyalty programs is preferred.
- Project management experience and experience leading cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of applying new technologies to solve complex business problems
- Experience managing remote technical resources and consulting staff
- Working knowledge of available software and hardware technologies and experience with IT vendor selection
- Provide consulting and information expertise to achieve the goals of Marriott’s Data Program which include:
- Operational Reporting: Build new reporting platform that will improve delivery standards of existing reports and create the infrastructure to support interactive data discovery and next-generation dashboards
- Analytical Workspace: Build new environment to support next-generation customer analytics across multiple data sources
- Data Quality and Governance: Create a data quality program for data at Marriott
- Landing Zone: Build new operational data store for big data leveraging HDFS technology
- Identify new ways of engineering existing data or acquiring new data sources to support co-brand credit card marketing, acquisition, and engagement data science and reporting efforts.
- Collaborate on data acquisition and integration projects to ensure they are in line with overall BMSC goals and long-term business strategies
- Build the data infrastructure to support operational and reporting solutions
- Collaborate with peers and Director, Data Domain Mgmt to serve as a specific data domain SME
- Develop systems and technologies that reduce manual processes and data quality issues relating to data capture
- Analyze data and make recommendations for how that data should be stored and organized for different usages
- Perform user acceptance testing and build quality assurance plans for new systems and IT data processes
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to independently manage multiple projects
- Ability to interface with systems professionals to develop decision support systems and ensure data integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, as well as public speaking. Ability to explain complex information in a way easily understood by a non-technical audience
- Flexible with work assignment, willing to jump in to projects and work with the highest priority and need
- Builds credibility with others and encourages strong working relationships.
- Creates a work environment in which others feel comfortable sharing thoughts and feedback.
- Shows awareness of how own behavior impacts others and the work environment.
- Encourages others to work together.
Models and empowers others to anticipate and respond to customer/stakeholder preferences and feedback.
Clearly explains policies in ways that create strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
Monitors customer/stakeholder satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
Resolves customer/stakeholder issues and concerns raised by others.
Creates an environment where everyone is valued and included.
Models and coaches others on representing the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
Attracts, develops, and retains a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
Gives all associates the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
Maintains an awareness of changing customer/stakeholder and associate characteristics.
and Organizational Capability
Ensures the work is organized so it can be effectively completed.
- Brings together the appropriate mix of associate knowledge and skills to complete work.
- Coaches others on scope of technical decision‐making authority.
- Uses meetings and other forums to regularly communicate status of work.
Develops others by identifying needs and providing resources in area of expertise.
Uses professional networks to attract top talent in area of expertise.
Participates in the hiring process and ensures successful on‐boarding of new associates.
Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
Communicates to others why change is happening and how it impacts their work.
Models flexibility when managing multiple demands and changing priorities.
Provides resources that help others deal with change and challenges.
Adjusts team and own priorities when experiencing change or challenges.
Determines how change impacts stakeholders and communicates concerns to leadership.
Communication and Professional Demeanor
Clearly presents complex information using different methods.
Demonstrates active listening to ensure understanding.
Models and coaches others on appropriately interpreting verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
Models and coaches others on displaying professionalism and gaining respect from others.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Identifies issues and makes suggestions to solve complex problems affecting daily work.
Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
Looks for and shares information with others before making a decision.
Models and coaches others on identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions.
Involves and gains agreement from others when making key decisions.
Makes complex decisions and works with others to implement solutions in reasonable amount of time.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
Sets own career goals and identifies developmental areas for self and others.
Uses resources and challenging assignments to improve performance of self and others.
Gathers, shares, and uses information about industry and discipline trends and best practices.
Budgets for training to support associate development, as applicable.
Coaches and holds others accountable for professional growth.
Ensures others understand how their work impacts property and team performance.
Coaches others on the drivers of performance and their impact on key business and property metrics.
Shows an understanding of how different customer/stakeholder groups have different revenue potential.
Identifies innovative ways to improve, productivity, customer/stakeholder satisfaction, and profitability.
Maintains advanced technical knowledge and skills and models their use for others.
Models and promotes the appropriate use of facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
Demonstrates and shares expertise in policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
Manages and completes complex technical assignments and coaches others on solving advanced technical issues.
Demonstrates and reinforces technical standards and processes to support work requirements.
Identifies innovative technical approaches and communicates how they can improve processes or business functioning.
Building and Contributing to Teams
Promotes teamwork by explaining how each associate supports shared goals.
Builds commitment to team goals by explaining how they support department and property success.
Works with team members to solve issues and make decisions that impact them.
Recognizes department, team, and individual achievements.
Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
Makes sure others understand performance expectations.
Monitors the work of others to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
Breaks down barriers so team members can accomplish their work.
Planning and Organizing
Prioritizes group activities based on importance, urgency, and impact to goals.
Ensures team members have the equipment, materials, and other resources needed to accomplish their work.
Avoids conflicts when setting project timelines and communicates key milestones and deadlines to others.
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible