Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Reporting to the Director, MarTech Capabilities, the Sr. Manager, Front End Engineer, MarTech will build experiences through Adobe Experience Cloud that are targeted, interactive, and consistent across all digital form factors. This technical, hands-on position will not only have a sense of craft in execution but will assist in the advancement of the marketing and merchandising capabilities across the digital owned channels incrementally. This role will be 60% deployment, 30% new functionality/capabilities, and 10% orchestration across merchandising placements, and will work across teams to collaboratively arrive as unique and targeted experiences across all digital touch points.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Business or IT, or equivalent education and related training
• Minimum of four years of development or IT support experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
• Working knowledge of above-code technology (ie: Monetate), ideally across multiple products in Adobe Experience Cloud (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe Target etc.)
• Experience testing cross-browser compatibility and implementing UI/visual designs within ADA and security principles
• Familiarity with DOM/Object-Oriented Design, Web Services (REST/SOAP), and Multimedia Content
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Sets and maintains personal development goals; working across shared MBOs and KPIs
• Collaborates to achieve program, global marketing, brand, and technology timelines and business objectives
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Provides accurate estimates as to needed time to complete work to feed project plans (and therefore personal deadlines)
• Meets deadlines once agreed upon
• Reports impediments to completing work and meeting deadlines
• Provides regular status updates to manager
• Successfully manages multiple assignments at once
• Works based on priorities and requests clarification if priorities are not clear
• Critiques work of others in a helpful and professional manner
• Communicates in a timely and appropriate manner with teammates
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline Knowledge
• Deploy interactive, scheduled programs on owned channels; develop and deploy temporary code fixes across experience
• Collaborate with platform product to ensure stable releases, functional alignment, and appropriate unified release cycles
• Work closely with brand, loyalty, and marketing to plan and deploy new capabilities in an evolving platform
• Ensure personal availability to deploy hot fixes and maintain system up-time for capabilities deployed within environment; working to resolve outages quickly and effectively
• Deliver capabilities to modernize tech stack capabilities on owned channels, aligned with the latest industry trends
• Great care and craft for designing systems and building campaigns correctly from day one, with appropriate planning and communication of delivery and updates
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job
• Works independently with minimal supervision, but knows when issues should be escalated to manager
• Develops relationships with members of other teams, and leverages those relationships to answer questions
• Presents work with clarity and confidence; explains complex matters so that others can understand them
• Uses appropriate communication mechanisms (i.e. in-person conversation, Microsoft Teams chat, email, phone call) for each situation
• Demonstrates self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager
• Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.