The Senior Manager, Human Resources - Law and Global Communications & Public Affairs will serve as the HR generalist for assigned departments within the Global Communications and Public Affairs (GCPA) organization, including the Marriott Foundation for People with Disabilities (MFPD) and will provide project support for various initiatives within the Law Department. This individual is charged with executing all ongoing HR processes (e.g., talent acquisition, compensation, development and performance management, engagement, associate relations, Take Care program, Manager Training initiatives, and workforce planning) to build organizational capability and meet the business goals of the assigned business partner organizations.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in human resources, organizational capability, human capital consulting or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance
- Recent experience as a Human Resources Generalist / Business Partner with Senior Level Executives; specifically, broad experience base in one or more of the following areas: talent management and development, workforce planning, employee relations, recruitment, compensation, performance management and coaching, organizational design and change management
- Experience building and tracking HR metrics/scorecards with high-level proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum; Advanced degree, including MBA or MS preferred.
- Experience supporting global organizations with direct HR partnership for non-US locations
- Strategic mindset with strong business acumen
- Confidence to voice opinions and ideas
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in a role requiring independent decision-making and management of conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding collaboration and project management skills
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
- Understanding of HR concepts and principles
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Experience with HRMS systems and applications (e.g. PeopleSoft, Marrpay, Report Writer, Compensation Tool, myHR, Performance Management, and Human Capital Planning)
- Proven facilitation experience
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Passionate, business advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping associates succeed
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect, and communicate effectively with associates at all levels
- Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Applies solid judgement ensuring integrity, compliance and confidentiality
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Provides consultation and support to business leaders to execute talent strategies
- Partner with stakeholders to drive a high-performance culture across Global Communication & Public Affairs Department (GCPA) through the leadership and execution of talent and business strategies.
- Consult with business leaders to manage performance across their organization and ensure that business decisions are made that protect and strengthen the Marriott culture and brand. Coach leaders to build a high-performance culture.
- Participate in staff meetings for assigned business leaders.
- Support business leaders in the implementation or execution of initiatives that drive associate engagement, reinforce company culture and build associate commitment. Work with business partner teams to identify opportunities and create action plans to improve the work environment.
- Work with Global Communications & Public Affairs leaders to develop and act on a diversity strategy plan including having diverse candidate slates for key jobs and identifying and developing high potential diverse talent.
Supports the ongoing development of talent and organizational capability for assigned teams
- Partner with business leaders to understand the talent needs of the organization. Assess current and future talent needs and develop plans and programs to address gaps. Work with Talent Acquisition COE and recruiters to effectively source candidates who meet the profile and job specifications. Ensure the organization is staffed to achieve business objectives.
- Apply professional expertise to facilitate effective staffing decisions and development planning for key jobs.
- Partner with leaders to ensure that organizational structures are aligned with business goals, work processes and systems are efficient, and roles and accountabilities are clearly defined and aligned with key priorities. Ensure that supporting components (e.g., job design, compensation structure and evaluation) support business goals.
Monitors, manages and administers human resource procedures and plans for assigned teams
- Facilitates effective and timely completion of core HR programs and processes (e.g., Human Capital Planning, Compensation Planning, Performance Management, Engagement Survey, TakeCare Program, and Manager Training Programs) to support the selection, development and engagement of Global Communications & Public Affairs talent.
- Monitor and manage HR data reporting processes to provide insightful organizational metrics. Partner with HR leadership to identify critical data components and build sustainable mechanisms for tracking and reporting.
- Provide on-going HR consultation and support to address associate relations needs, particularly as it relates to team engagement, morale, and productivity.
- Partner with HR Services team to manage associate relations issues associated with performance, leave, business integrity, terminations, or other associate relations matters.
- Collaborate with appropriate COEs (e.g., HR, Finance, Legal, etc.) to provide effective HR solutions to business partners teams. Serve as a sounding board to HR COEs in their efforts to build enterprise solutions.
Provide strategic and implementation support for Law and Marriott Foundation for People with Disabilities (MFPD)
- Partner with the VP, Human Resources to also provide HR Generalist support for the Marriott Foundation for People with Disabilities (MFPD) on an as needed basis.
- Partner with the VP, Human Resources and HR Manager, Law to provide additional support for various projects and initiatives for the Law Department on an as needed basis. Leverage existing programs to provide additional support to GCPA.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Influencing Skills – Ability to influence others, including senior leaders, to ensure initiatives, projects, and expectations are met on a timely basis.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Project Management and Timely Execution – Ability to manage multiple projects and one time and the ability that the projects, tasks, initiatives meet milestones and are completed on time and on budget.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- HR Management
- HR Data Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access strongly preferred.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible