The Sr. Manager, Marketing Data & Privacy Management will serve as a central subject matter expert in Marketing for marketing data and audience distribution related activities, manage the roadmap for the Marketing Audience Management platform / DMP, as well as partnering with Global Privacy / Compliance and IT data security to champion the implementation of changes to marketing practices resulting from changing privacy and security regulations. He/She will sit within the Audience Distribution team – situated to impact the needed changes and oversight across audience data management and marketing activities spanning all channels. He/She will also champion initiatives for centralizing customer level consent to guide cross-channel marketing and lead all product roadmap enhancements and marketing activation utilize audience / marketing data platforms. He/She will blend working knowledge of all marketing channel activities with external marketplace and internal policy changes to build functionality roadmaps and associated education / change management activities across all of Marketing.
This role can be based in Marriott Offices in Bethesda or New York City.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major.
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience in marketing, consulting, or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance
- Proven experience with Customer segmentation and Personalization/CRM/Data Management technology
- Working knowledge of AdTech, MarTech landscape
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing data and privacy compliance changing regulations
- Demonstrated experience developing new strategies and leading through an organization
- Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and satisfy speed of modern business requirements
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with marketing tag management and digital analytics/tracking methods
- Effective written, presentation, and oral communications skills. Sensitivity to global communication needs
LEAD PRODUCT STRATEGY AND ROADMAP FOR MARKETING DATA MANAGEMENT PLATFORM
- Serve a key Subject Matter Expert (SME) and develop/manage the product roadmap for assigned product(s) including the Digital Identification and Audience Management platforms
- Monitor the competitive marketplace and quantify new market opportunities
- Help align the Personalization and Marketing Platform product roadmap with the roadmaps for various product teams to maximize effectiveness and efficiencies of the collective marketing technology stack
- Keep current on emerging technologies and business strategies that can enable increased Marketing effectiveness
- Collaborate with other Product and Platform teams to leverage integrated and cross- product capabilities and align roadmaps
- Manage relationship with data onboarding and distribution partners
- Accelerate the relevance and personalization of Marriott’s marketing and cross-channel efforts by enabling greater use of 1st and 3rd party data.
- Support new marketing capabilities and campaigns by providing access to needed data while ensure privacy and consent compliance
- Partner with Data Strategy, CRM Platform, IT and other development partners to ensure that the required capabilities and data are available within the timeframe required for marketing activation
- Assess and define any immediate capability gaps across current activation needs and prioritize into product roadmap backlog
- Serve as a central subject matter expert within Marketing for Privacy, Consent, and Data security trends/requirements
- Working with Privacy team, stay up to date on global privacy and regulatory changes
- Attend all internal global privacy forums and stay connected with Continent counterparts
- Translate external changes/requirements into marketing implications and build cross-functional requirements for marketing teams/channels
- Educate marketing leadership and cross-functional marketing teams on landscape changes and associate implications
- Champion implementation of changes to marketing practices across cross-functional teams
- Partner closely with Marketing Platforms team to ensure roadmap complies with privacy requirements
- Partner close with Audience Management team to ensure that all Marketing operations and partnership agreements utilize best practices related to consent and 2nd part data partnerships
- Host sessions with Marketing teams to improve understanding of privacy and consent best practices
- Partner with Media Agency and Continent teams to ensure understanding and consistent practices are utilized
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization. Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives
- Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps
- Assists direct reports with building and
maintaining stakeholder relationships as business partnerships
- Frequently develop and deliver updates to stakeholders through in-person presentations, conference calls, and written communications
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Marketing Data Management experience
- AdTech / MarTech landscape demonstrated knowledge
- Data & Privacy regulation knowledge
- Product/Project & Stakeholder Management experience
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.