Treasury Accounting Services (“TAS”) is responsible for providing accurate, timely and actionable financial information relating to the accounting and administration of Marriott International’s Cash and Debt Operations.
The Senior Manager will direct a team that is responsible for the proper management over accounting, reporting, and controls of Marriott’s cash and debt portfolio. The position will play a key role in partnering with multiple stakeholders to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of department deliverables. This role requires a thorough understanding of complex debt arrangements, ensuring accurate accounting and covenant compliance under the agreements. This position reports to the Director, Treasury Accounting Services, and is a key member of the TAS management team.
Direct a team of finance and accounting professionals, prioritize projects and workload of the team and its individual members, and establish deadlines around the following department priorities:
- Review, understand and interpret debt agreements to ensure compliance with contractual requirements of the agreements.
- Ensure proper debt accounting processes and controls are established and maintained, with a focus on continual process improvement.
- Review the calculation of debt covenants and administer compliance, ensuring proper level of sensitivities to exposure.
- Review reporting to properly reflect debt related activities (interest expense, repayments and borrowings) within the consolidated statement of cash flows.
- Review and coordinate the long-range planning, budgeting and forecasting processes relating to debt, including periodic bridging to actual results.
- Develop, maintain, and continually enhance periodic reporting of cash and cash repatriation activity to key stakeholders.
- Continuously improve debt and cash processes to further streamline and automate activities.
- Work with Accenture Hospitality Services to ensure accurate and efficient end to end processing of certain cash activities.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the processing of cash, assisting in the globalization of cash processing and accounting.
- Analyze bank account fees and interest income, and manage periodic reporting to key stakeholders.
- Ensure debt reporting requirements and disclosures (10K, 10Q, Annual Report) are met in a timely, accurate manner.
- Ensure the accurate and timely payment of debt service, fees, and other financing costs on corporate debt.
- Maintain systems and controls to ensure compliance with Marriott Policies regarding reporting and reconciliation requirements for cash and debt processes.
- Perform other duties as requested by department leaders.
- Participate in special projects/cross training opportunities as they become available.
- Able to maintain effective client relationships and promote a service orientation that delivers customer results.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple time sensitive assignments simultaneously and work independently.
- Capable of documenting processes, ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
- Able to multi-task; comfortable with complexity, ambiguity, and change.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, promoting an environment that allows timely information flow throughout the organization.
- Supports and manages organizational change by reacting with flexibility, removing work barriers.
- Initiates creative process improvements and systemic thinking throughout the organization.
- Demonstrates sound organizational and prioritization skills; high performance levels under tight deadlines.
- Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrates ability to communicate with various levels of the organization and with outside service providers.
- Reflects strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal and professional growth.
- Working knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
Specific Candidate Profile
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related discipline; CPA, MBA or advanced degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
- At least seven years of progressive job experience in accounting/finance field; international accounting exposure highly preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel. Advance knowledge of MS Excel a plus
- Knowledge of treasury systems a plus
- Peoplesoft GL experience a plus
- Proven contributor within a multi-task environment
- Experience with leading and implementing proactive process improvements
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible