This position is responsible for SEO (search engine optimization) tactic and program execution for hotels enrolled in Digital Services by Marriott (DS); across Marriott Hotel Websites (HWS), brand approved hotel standalone websites and high value local citation sources (IE: Google My Business, Yelp, Yext, etc.). The Senior Analyst, SEO Operations will assist in the execution of SEO tactic deliverables that support both foundational and advanced SEO strategies outlined in a hotel’s annual Digital Business Plan.
The Sr. Digital Analyst, SEO Operations will execute digital marketing strategies that support driving increased natural search visibility, rankings, room night growth goals and optimal positioning of Marriott Hotel Websites (HWS) within search engines. All tactics are designed to be economically viable, efficient, repeatable, KPI-driven, and scalable.
The Sr. Digital Analyst, SEO Operations is tasked with staying up-to-date on industry best-practices and the evolving SEO landscape, working to implement new techniques and tactics within Digital Services programs. This position will work cross-functionally with various Marriott Digital teams (Enterprise SEO, Channel Support, etc.) to advance the value of SEO and local search marketing at hotel level.
This role includes collaboration with Program Strategists, Managers, Sr. Analyst(s), Analysts, Client Services and vendors; aiding in the implementation of tactics across programs and for special projects. This position reports to the Manager, SEO Operations.
The Sr. Digital Analyst, SEO Operations position is part of Digital Services by Marriott (DS), Marriott’s comprehensive in-house digital services program for hotels. This centralized in-house team provides individual hotels with a range of digital services, and functions as an agency-like model within the Digital Services organization.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree in marketing, communications, hospitality, English or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience (SEO, digital marketing, local search, content management, etc.)
- Agency internship or work experience preferred; tactical execution responsibilities a plus
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Manages execution of SEO tactics that support and complement Corp. SEO initiatives and overarching Marriott Digital strategies and goals.
- Assists in the cross-functional training of Operations and Client Services team members on SEO education, tactics and processes.
- Assists in creating training guidelines and documentation (as needed) to continually improve tactic quality and effectiveness.
- Assists in prioritizing, organizing, and accomplishing work within the SEO Center of Excellence (COE).
- Easily adapts to – and embraces – the ever-changing SEO landscape (new search opportunities, features, algorithm updates) to execute on new tactics.
- Manages execution of the following tactics (always evolving, and not limited to):
- Keyword research and refreshes
- Local citation optimizations (Yelp, Yext, Google My Business)
- Hotel and outlet optimization
- Local citation updates, auditing & cleanup
- SEO competitive auditing and intelligence
- SEO and keyword visibility reporting and analysis
- International language SEO for global site activation
- Local linking recommendations and audits
- Backlinking analysis
- Technical audits, Schema & AMP review/optimization
- Aligns and partners with Corp. SEO Team to execute best-in-class SEO for hotels, following Marriott-specific best practices.
- Serves as subject matter and support expert for SEO platforms, tools and systems: BrightEdge, Google Analytics/Search Console, ScreamingFrog, MOZ, etc.
- Supports development of new SEO reporting, integration efforts and information processes for SEO visibility, ranking and local search KPIs.
- Provides training and technical guidance where appropriate.
- Aligns SEO tactics with new and emerging best practices and the ever-changing landscape, to improve quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Complies and keeps SEO guideline documentation and standards up to date, to ensure quality, consistency and adherence to Marriott global, regional and Corp. SEO polices and standards.
- Manages aspects of local search and citation operations, reviews local citation cleanup from vendors; updates and modifies as necessary.
- Reviews keyword research from vendors and agencies; updates and modifies as necessary.
- Reviews completed local linking consultations from vendors; updates and modifies as necessary.
- Performs QA and quality audits for vendors as needed to ensure operational efficiencies and executional excellence.
- Performs link disavow activities; effectively communicates and partners with Corp. SEO Team for implementation.
- Supports Client Service Managers with BrightEdge tracking setup, updates and reporting; analyzes and provides SEO insights.
- Works with team to execute sustainable work processes that support the SEO Operations Center of Excellence.
- Employs laser focus on tactic quality and efficiency, working to ensure deliverables are completed to Digital Services standards and timelines.
- Employs the project management system and other resources in place to track tactical work for DS programs.
- Utilizes internal Marriott content management systems, as well as outside SEO vendor platforms, dashboards and tools.
- Establishes and maintains documentation to track progress and completion for content related tactics.
- Manages the flow of questions and directs inquiries to the appropriate party – vendor, agency, manager.
Tools and Vendors
- Maintains strong working knowledge of SEO-relevant Marriott internal platforms and systems, including Enterprise Property Information Center (EPIC) and Hotel Websites (HWS) alongside external tools such as MOZ, Majestic, Screaming Frog, BrightEdge, etc.
- Facilitates and aids in internal, external, stakeholder and hotel training activities; inclusive of webinars, one-sheeters, collateral, etc.
- Assists in training on tactical processes and best practices to fellow Analysts and Client Services team members.
- As needed, functions as a point of contact with outside vendors, coordinating training and support on their tools and dashboards.
- Provides training and support on internal Marriott and SEO systems and tools.
- Contributes original thought content to Digital Services blog, Decoded, educational webinars, trainings, etc.
- Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
- Maintains positive working relations with internal partner teams, vendors, internal Client Service and Operations teams.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Digital marketing experience preferred
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Editorial experience a plus
- Strong writing and creativity skills
- Detail-oriented, takes initiative
- Able to effectively work independently, or at times as part of a team
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Administration & General
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract