Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments and preliminary cost/benefits analysis in support of the Digital Channels Operations efforts (i.e. digital portfolio management, demand, capacity and prioritization management). Creates or modifies processes to enable complex solutions using industry knowledge and best practices. Creates or modifies reporting including dashboards, use of project management and agile tools, etc.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in business analysis, project management, demand/portfolio management, or quality management
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certifications.
- Familiarity with current project management methodologies (agile, waterfall)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in process development and documentation
- Information technology experience
- Good financial acumen
- Experience with various project/program management and agile tools
- Experience in creating business presentations and communications documentation
- Experience in guiding and advising others
- Experience with tools, techniques and practices for protecting the integrity of corporate data and associated Marriott technology practices, standards and procedures.
- Supports the Digital Channel Operations efforts to create and maintain a digital portfolio management process
- Responds to requests from stakeholders for data and analysis related to portfolio, demand, quality, or project management
- Provide expertise and updates multi-year technology roadmaps
- Functions as focal point for digital incoming demand to ensure alignment against the Digital roadmap
- Supports process creation, implementation, and continuous improvement for Digital Channel Operations
- Prepares presentations as required (e.g. user aids); executes communications plans for supported processes and creates/delivers training and informational webinars as needed (Project Management, Quality Management, etc.)
- Provides analysis on current projects through various project management tools and Microsoft products (Jira, MS Project, SharePoint, Excel)
- Completes special projects, as assigned, including ad hoc requests for information and analysis relative to the Digital initiatives
- Researches project management tools or other topics in support of current and future efforts
- Participates in IT Communities of Practices
- Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
- Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing Marriott in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leading and participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating, focusing, and monitoring the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively taking action and going beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with Marriott's Spirit to Serve.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Troubleshooting — Determining causes of mechanical or technological operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines, computers, tools and other equipment, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to
maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and
contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible