The Senior Director, Global Enterprise Insight & Strategy is a key member of the Insight & Strategy organization that provides customer insight and strategy in support of the Consumer Operations organization, and is responsible for supporting formulation of enterprise-level customer insights and helping define the long-range enterprise customer strategy. Further, the Senior Director will support strategic planning activities, ensuring that work efforts are prioritized according to the customer strategies. This role will work closely with the extended Global Insights, Strategy, and Analytics teams, leveraging all technical resources available to ensure the consumer is kept at the center of key business decisions. A critical role of the Senior Director will be to understand key questions that are being (or should be) asked by the business teams, identify the appropriate approaches and business information sources (including research, analytics, and third party information) to answer such questions, and synthesize data and insights into actionable steps to drive the business forward.
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university required
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree required
- 10+ years of professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance in insight, strategy or consultative-type roles
- Demonstrated ability in translating consumer insights, research and analytics into actionable strategy
- Experience supporting transformational strategies for business units
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
- Supports insight generation, synthesis, and resulting strategic recommendations that drive customer engagement, differentiated brand positioning, and impactful marketing strategies and partnerships. Partners/advises business leaders as recommendations and strategies are brought to life.
- Supports development of a 3-5 year strategic vision to 1) set direction and clarify a common approach for driving customer experience initiatives, 2) ensure core capabilities are built that will allow MI to center planning around the customer, and 3) orchestrate all customer touch points into a highly aligned and synergized customer-centric ecosystem.
- In collaboration with senior leaders and business partners, identifies and prioritizes high-impact business needs and initiatives in accordance with the customer strategy.
- Connects the dots between research, analytics and business goals to develop and communicate recommendations that inform business strategy and action.
- Drives excellence in collaboration and communication across the organization both within the Global Insights, Strategy, and Analytics team and throughout the enterprise.
Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across Consumer Operations and other disciplines (e.g., Global Operations, Finance, etc.).
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work on specific projects.
- Collaborates with internal partners across the enterprise to develop business strategies based on consumer insights.
- Provides expertise on customer needs and industry trends for lodging generally and on specific key initiatives.
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and acts consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of discipline-specific systems, tools and business practices.
- Is able to understand and analyze multiple sources and types of information (qualitative and quantitative) to derive insights and strategic recommendations.
- Is able to construct and drive strategy and speak to it in public forums
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.