The Sr. Systems Engineer ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of Domain and Identity Services that support the core organizational functions. This role serves as a Subject Matter Expert for Active Directory and other directory services in a complex global environment. This role will perform research, analysis, design, creation, and implementation of systems to meet current and future user requirements.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering or computer science discipline and/or equivalent experience/certification
- 8+ years experience in information technology
- Technical Requirements:
- 5+ years creating domain solutions and managing a multi-domain Active Directory environment.
- 3+ years experience working with identity on enterprise class cloud services
- 3+ years experience working with Windows Server 2012 and above.
- 3+ years with federated identity providers (ex. Ping,Tivoli, AAD)
- Experience in the design, implementation or operational support of mission critical solutions in large scale environments and organizations
- Demonstrated experience delivering technology solutions in a fast-paced, deadline driven enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience learning and applying new technologies to solve business needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders and IT teams
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to perform independently as a member of a team and through cross functional initiatives
- Experience with Agile/Lean, Design Thinking, and Riskiest Assumption Testing methods
- Demonstrated experience designing solutions utilizing Windows 2016 Server.
- Demonstrated experience designing solutions utilizing Active Directory 2012 or higher.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting leveraging .NET, Powershell, or relevant tools.
- Demonstrated experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products
- Demonstrated experience in defining proactive monitoring and self-healing solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud, physical, and virtual technologies supporting firewall, network, and Wintel platforms.
- Experience with with enterprise storage solutions: NAS, SAN, NFS, CIFS.
- Experience in developing technology roadmaps and strategies
- Experience in project definition and management
- Strong knowledge of emerging tools, software, applications, and systems for attaining best-in-class IT technology across the enterprise
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Provides technical leadership, oversight, governance and direction for services related to Marriott Active Directory
- Provides technical expertise to project team for successful project and change implementations
- Determines customer requirements and works with sourced resources to develop solutions to meet them
- Leads analysis of current environment for deficiencies and provides solutions
- Provides input into lifecycle, improvement, and standardization strategies
- Utilize capacity data to model future state planning with overall strategy and goals
- Provides and presents status, analysis and reporting to internal stakeholders, Executive Management and Senior Leadership
- Identifies opportunities to enhance the service delivery, operations and continual service improvement processes
- Identifies best in class software and hardware products to meet the needs of a world class Domain Service
- Develop implementation plans, test plans, and timelines for projects and tasks
- Maintains a proper balance between business and operational risk
- Interfaces with stakeholders to establish requirements and formulate priorities for infrastructure projects
- Leads/assists in configuration management
- Provides oversight, collaboration, provisioning, management and maintenance of technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment
- Responsible for the establishment and continuous development of monitoring and alerting for all production environments
- Develops internal processes and training to ensure team members have the needed skills and tools to support the production environments and deliver on project commitments
- Performs complex quantitative and qualitative analyses for operational availability to promote a zero-defect environment
- Provides consultation for routine and complex systems development
- Ensures early warning to the business stakeholder executives regarding degraded or missed service levels
- Coordinates with Plan and Build teams for deployment and production support activities
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self-and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self-and/o others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
- Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Technical Intelligence: Knowledge and ability to define and apply appropriate technology to enhance business process
- Development Methodologies: Knowledge of general stages of SDLC framework and the application tiers within the development space.
- Information Security: Knowledge of the security considerations relevant within the development space, including industry best practices related to information security
- Job type
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible