Treasury Accounting Services (TAS), as part of the Financial Accounting and Controls organization, is responsible for providing accurate, timely and actionable financial information relating to the accounting and reporting of Marriott’s foreign bank accounts.
The Staff Accountant – International Cash will support the department in partnering with multiple stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of department deliverables, focusing on the maintenance, reconciliation, and reporting of Marriott’s foreign bank accounts.CLS Expected Contributions and Responsibilities
- Utilize a treasury workstation system in accurately recording foreign cash transactions to the general ledger
- Development, maintenance, and continual enhancements of periodic reporting of foreign cash and cash repatriation activity to key stakeholders
- Continuous process improvements to treasury workstation functions to further stream line cash processes
- Prepare and manage the reconciliation of foreign bank accounts
- Record and analyze foreign bank account fees and interest income
- Process wire transfer request for international bank accounts
- Periodic reporting of foreign bank fees and interest income to key stakeholders
- Maintain systems and controls to ensure compliance with reporting requirements relating to foreign cash
- Monitor international cash concentration mechanisms
- Confirmation of foreign exchange trade and swap transactions
- Perform other duties as requested by department leaders
- Participate in special projects/cross training opportunities as they become available.
- Able to maintain effective client relationships and promote a service orientation that delivers customer results.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple time sensitive assignments simultaneously and work independently.
- Capable of documenting processes, ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
- Able to multi-task; comfortable with complexity, ambiguity, and change.
- Demonstrates sound organizational and prioritization skills; high performance level under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, promoting an environment that allows timely information flow throughout the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with various levels of the organization.
- Customer service orientation with the ability to achieve and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of GAAP and related disclosure requirements.
Specific Candidate Profile
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
- One or more years of progressive job experience in accounting/finance field.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, with strong focus on spreadsheet applications.
- PeopleSoft general ledger experiences a plus.
- Knowledge and/or prior experience with a treasury workstation system a plus.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and integrity.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible