Marriott International The Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch
Marriott International - Cross-Training in Hospitality at Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch
About the job
Description of the Property:
A year-round mountain resort, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch combines the comfort of Colorado luxury hotel with the finest outdoor adventures. Located on Beaver Creek Mountain in Avon, Colorado, the hotel offers an unforgettable escape in the heart of the majestic Colorado Rocky Mountains. It offers 5 dining options, an award-winning spa with men’s and women’s saunas and a gym with personal trainers. The rooms at the 5-star Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch have a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an iPod station and a marble bathroom. Guests can relax at the outdoor swimming pool, or enjoy a body massage at the 21,000 square-foot Bachelor Gulch Spa. The spa also offers a range of body scrubs, body wraps and facial treatments.
Description of the Location:
Also known as the “Heart of the Valley”, Avon gives visitors picturesque views, tons of recreation, and lots of restaurants. It’s home to Beaver Creek Ski Resort and right down the highway from Vail. Year round there are concerts, festivals and other fun events going on. Lodging ranges from economically friendly to downright opulent. There are plenty of commercial businesses in town, with a range of shopping, dining and lodge. The Home Rule Municipality resides at 7,431 feet in elevation in Eagle County. In 2010 Avon recorded a population of 6,447 residents. The town acts as a gateway to the Beaver Creek Resort and the Beaver Creek alpine village.
Description of the Training:
Step into the kitchen of a world-leading luxury hotel/resort and learn from the best professionals in the American hospitality industry at Marriott International The Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch and train in the Rooms Division and Food and Beverage departments, all in 12 months. Through the J-1 program, you will rotate to different stations, acquiring the skills and techniques necessary to be prepared for a career in any department. This rotational program is designed to give you exposure to the international hospitality industry and give you the experience needed to excel in your career when you return to your home country.
Description of the Position:
Train in all areas of Culinary, Front Office and Food & Beverage and learn the secrets of a successful brand:
• Learn to ensure high quality and consistency of food preparation and presentation as per Hotel’s standards;
• Welcome guests and colleagues in a polite and friendly manner;
• Train with Chefs across multiple kitchens to perform tasks as needed;
• Ensure compliance of all Hotel's standards;
• Learn to strive to achieve departmental targets;
• Ensure cleanliness of work areas;
• During training, ensure to be in compliance with all Hotel's health and safety policies;
• Perform all other reasonable duties as needed.
• Conversational English required;
• Must be a current student of a Culinary Arts, Hospitality or Tourism post-secondary academic institution;
• Or recent graduate (less than 12 months ago) of a Culinary Arts, Hospitality or Tourism post-secondary academic institution;
• Or a graduate of a Culinary Arts post-secondary academic institution (more than 12 months ago,) with 12 months of verifiable related work experience;
• Or must have 5 years of verifiable related work experience.
• Knife skills;
• Willingness to learn and follow instructions;
• Positive attitude;
• Good communication skills;
• Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service;
• A polished and professional appearance and compliance with Hotel grooming standards;
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations;
• Ability to work calmly while meeting deadlines.
Language required: English.
Our vision: To become an international company that places students and young professionals from around the world in working and living environments that will enable them to develop their dream career.
Our mission: To become an international company that places students and young professionals from around the world in working and living environments that will enable them to develop their dream career.