Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at - https://marriottorlandodowntown.snaphire.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, United Capital Corp. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Identify new business that fits sales parameters by using a wide variety of means/tools.
- Prospect for new business through individual creativity and innovation.
- Solicit local transient accounts.
- Negotiate corporate business that meets or exceeds resort revenue goals.
- Produce accurate contracts, banquet/catering event orders and resumes within time frame set by hotel, responding to all leads and RFPs within 24 hours.
- Outreach via phone to targeted markets.
- Maintain accurate information in sales management tool (CI/TY) on all new and ongoing leads and accounts, including solicitation efforts and all activities up to date.
- Conduct site inspections, local sales calls and attend appropriate trade shows and client events.
- Negotiate contracts, upsell, ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Follow proper event management procedures for event execution to include, but not limited to, Banquet Event Order creation, F & B forecasting, resume communication, amenity/VIP designation and room block management.
- Serve your booked group and catering clients and respond to questions about the event including, but not limited to, group room blocks, food and beverage, the function space, ancillary and vendor services, and related billing processes.
- Ensure proactive communication other department managers and associates throughout the hotel to ensure seamless transitions occur and positive memorable experiences are created.
- Participate in weekly BEO meetings with other departments and maintain accurate and timely internal hotel communication.
- Create a dynamic and positive relationship with customer from sales phase through on site execution of events. This includes meeting the customer at the event to ensure proper event set-up and customer satisfaction. Take initiative to solve any problems by liaison with other hotel managers.
- 4 Year college degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years hotel sales and/or event planning management/leadership experience for a major hotel chain or management company preferred.
- Must learn and become proficient in all Marriott Systems within 30 days of hire date. SFAweb, CI/TY, MRDW, MARRFP and other pertinent systems required to perform the job.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Orlando, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible