Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1144011&d=External&r=5000389437006#/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Marriott Ownership Resorts Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Manages the daily functions of the department to ensure protection of property assets, employees, guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Trains staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
- High school diploma or GED; 2-4 years of leadership experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
- Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
- Assists the Director of Engineering in administering fire prevention programs and emergency preparedness.
- Conducts hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
- Develops detailed "shut down" procedures for the property to ensure that all areas are secured at the appropriate times.
- Comply with applicable laws and safety regulations.
- Follow proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
- Develop a monthly checklist for all cctv equipment, alarmed doors, and duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
- Incorporate into patrols, which encompass all areas of the property's interior and exterior, an inspection tour of recording system.
- Follow Duty of Care process for the protection of guests and employees.
- Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the wellbeing of guests and employees.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
- Monitors all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the wellbeing of guests and employees.
- Oversees all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial & follow up) for all guest and employee related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
- Oversees and guides the efforts of the Accident Prevention Committee.
- Oversees first aid program for guests and employees.
- Oversees the claims process and protects company assets by closely monitoring the General Liability and Worker's Compensation cases.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Emphasizes teamwork, close working relationships with other departments and assertive hospitality to serve as a deterrent to crime.
- Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
- Informs and/or updates the executives and peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Security/Loss Prevention - Knowledge of the procedures and techniques for property surveillance, property locks and keys, emergency situations, and legally defensible incident, accident, and injury investigations.
- Emergency Response - Knowledge of fire safety (e.g., location of fire exits, location of fire safety equipment, and fire emergency plans), knowledge of emergency procedures related to situations such as floods, severe weather, bomb threats, robberies, and natural disasters.
- Investigations/Reports - The ability to conduct legally defensible investigations including conducting interviews, information retention, preservation of evidence, and writing of reports. This includes working with insurance companies on the claims process.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Writing, Oral and Verbal - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- West Palm Beach, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible