Assists in hotel laundry daily operations and services. Directs and works with employees to wash, dry and iron linen for both guest rooms and Food and Beverage/Culinary Department within existing time constraints. Maintains a safe and clean work environment. Position strives to achieve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the department financial performance.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the laundry, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Department Operations and Budgets
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of the laundry department; verifes the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, details procedure codes, verifies employee understanding of safety codes, monitors processes and procedures related to safety.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Monitors workflow to minimize peaks and valleys in production.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Supervises daily Laundry shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
• Monitors and orders supplies as necessary to provide workers with the supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall hotel financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Participates in the management of department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on Laundry equipment maintenance needs.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
• Maintains and uses effective back-up plans for breakdowns.
• Implements new techniques, supplies and equipment.
Supervising Discipline Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Assists in interviewing, selecting, hiring, and promoting employees in the organization.
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Effectively schedules employees to business demands and tracks employee time and attendance.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Takes part in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Takes part in the employee performance appraisal process.
• Verifies that hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members; ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- St. Louis, MO, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible