Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
Epicurean Atlanta Autograph Collection, 1117 West Peachtree Street, Atlanta, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Mainsail Lodging. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
It is about grit. An attitude. An elevated level of hospitality. Curiosity to seek out new hospitality trends. Desire to nurture relationships. We surround ourselves with those who are like-minded and motivated to educate our guests on the Epicurean experience and bring it to life.
Who we are seeking: We are seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of a true epicurean while caring deeply about the brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our pillars, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success of Epicurean Atlanta.
We want to work with someone at the top of their game, who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who will help bring the vision of Epicurean Atlanta to life.
We have poured passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand and know the right Front Office Manager will be as inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of the community, and a desire to create ordinary experiences drive us. Is this YOU?
The Assistant Front Office Manager will be responsible for day-to-day Front Office operations including the staff of Epicurean Hosts, At Your Service Attendants (AYS), night auditors, and oversight of the third-party Valet vendor. Ensures the Front Office staff provides exemplary service to all hotel guests to deliver a memorable guest experience.Essential Functions
Utilizes all functions of Marriott’s GXP platform
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction and follows up on all guest issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Conduct daily huddles to inform team of the hotel happenings, announcements, daily specials, etc.
- Ensure team is in proper uniform/approved attire
- Proficient in hotel property management systems including but not limited to Oracle Hospitality/OPERA PMS/MARSHA and GXP.
- Leads staff by example while managing and motivating front Office personnel.
- Process guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key.
- Coordinates the pre-arrival process to ensure guest needs of transportation, airport transfers, room assignments, special requests, and billing requirements are met per hotel standard.
- Maintains guest confidentiality.
- Develops and implements the guest arrival experience to provide a unique and memorable hotel welcome.
- Develops and implements mobile check-in arrival experience utilizing Hospitality Platform INTELITY Guest Mobile App.
- Strong communication with other departments (e.g., Engineering, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest calls, requests, or issues.
- Responds to guest requests or feedback and takes action to address all Front Desk issues.
REQUIREMENT Education & Experience
- Ensures full compliance of Marriott Brand standards and the passing of department Quality Assurance items.
- Trains and encourages staff to embody hotel culture and provide guests with the hotel’s story.
- Recognizes and communicates to team any hotel VIPs and provides extra touches when warranted.
- Empower Front Desk staff to act and resolve guest issues to the best of their ability.
- Provide local information for shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations.
- Receive, store, and deliver luggage and mail/packages.
- Responsible for ensuring guest credit is procured and all accounting procedures are followed by Front Desk staff. Resolves guest accounting issues as needed.
- Respond to guest inquiries.
- Provides ongoing training and feedback to staff via monthly department meetings, performance reviews, and one-on-one sessions.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions and act as needed, complete safety training and certifications.
- Completes Front Desk schedule per labor guidelines and ensures that all shifts are covered in the event of staff call-offs.
- Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in room.
- Ensures Front Desk staff adheres to hotel grooming guidelines.
- Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and or in room.
- Ability to take initiative and handle assignments with limited supervision.
- Follow all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of work area.
- Manages departmental profit and loss statement in compliance with operating budget
- Other duties requested by Front Office manager or management.
- 2-year associates degree or higher preferred
- Minimum 2 years Hotel Front Desk managerial experience
- Excellent phone & customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use technology e.g., tablets, iPads, GXP
Mainsail Lodging & Development Core Values:
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- We respect individuals while celebrating rich dimensions of diversity of others
- We believe in the importance of the entrepreneurial spirit and making things happen through proactive behavior
- We require honesty and integrity in everything we do
- We live up to commitments and are first to follow up with our clients and suppliers
- Work is an important part of life and should be fun
- We carry an ownership mentality and conserve the company’s resources with the same vigilance we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources
- We feel a sense of urgency on all matters related to our clients, investors, guests and residents
- We understand the concept that achieving customer satisfaction is not enough and to be truly successful, we must strive for customer loyalty by delighting them
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.