Posting Date May 11, 2021
Job Number 21045715
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location westdrift Manhattan Beach Autograph Collection, 1400 Parkview Avenue, Manhattan Beach, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Westmont Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
- Plans menus for all food outlets in the Hotel.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with the Food & Beverage Director about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
- In conjunction with F&B management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome members.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, committees, suppliers, members, and employees.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificate of completion from trade school.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.