Posting Date Oct 15, 2021
Job Number 21118107
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Grand Bohemian Lodge Greenville Autograph Collection, 44 East Camperdown Way, Greenville, South Carolina, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Collection. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The overall objective and purpose of the Executive Chef position are to coordinate, supervise and direct all activities of the Culinary department and direct training of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an efficient and profitable food service with a high level of guest and Grand Performer satisfaction. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing all food preparation areas and all support areas. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the Culinary Department in support of the mission, core values, standards, and goals established by the company.
- Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop menus, recipe cards, and build cards
- Interact with guests, ensuring their needs are being met and expectations exceeded
- Ensure that all preparation for functions and outlets are completed daily
- Oversee breakfast/lunch/dinner operations
- Ensure food quality control
- Maintains focus on cleanliness to ensure adherence to all pertinent health codes, laws, and brand standards.
- Maintain and organize coolers and storage areas
- Monitor and produce schedules for culinary staff to ensure proper staffing levels within budgeted guidelines.
- Participate in and submit accurate food inventories on monthly basis per the direction of the hotel controller and General Manager.’
- Assist in the monitoring of revenue and expense forecasting in KHMS for responsible food and banquet departments.
- Assist in the production of menus, food products, order scheduling, and receiving to ensure proper execution of culinary offerings and proper par levels.
- Be familiar with and adhere to company product and food specifications.
- Be a pro-active leader who is constantly looking for new and more effective ways of improving products, service, and profitability
- Provide enriching experiences for Grand Performers by coaching and teaching them on a regular basis.
- Arrange and/or conduct Monthly Meetings for Culinary Department
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES’
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high-level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools, and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Effectively motivate associates and maintain a cohesive team
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with and understand financial information, data, and basic arithmetic functions
- Ability to maintain and build relationships with existing and potential clients as well as industry contacts
- Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.’
- Executive Sous Chef
- Chef De Cuisine
- Banquet Sous Chef
- Cooking School Chef
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
- Culinary degree or related training equivalent in the Hospitality/Restaurant Industry - required
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title is required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets is preferred
- Food Safety Manager Certification is preferred or attained within 30 days
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Brasseries à La Mode
Brasseries à La Mode