Posting Date Nov 22, 2021
Job Number 21137706
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Sheraton Madison Hotel, 706 John Nolen Dr, Madison, Wisconsin, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Legacy Ventures. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
General Manager opportunity available in Madison, WI. Lead a strong team of professionals in repositioning a respected hotel in the Madison market following a $ 15M renovation, where no expense has been spared to transform this legacy hotel into a world-class market leader. Unique opportunity to craft this property success story with your drive for results, experience, leadership ability and guest-first culture. Madison, WI is a vibrant college town with a diverse restaurant vibe.
Summary: The hotel General Manager reports to the Vice President of Hotel Operations. This position is responsible for managing the daily hotel operations to achieve planned financial and human resource goals for the property as well as operating within Company and brand standards. This includes maintaining the physical condition of the hotel and protecting the owner assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor as needed.
Sales, Marketing & Revenue Management
Direct the development and execution of strategic sales, marketing and revenue management initiatives that lead to the achievement of:
- Targeted RevPAR index goals
- Room revenue and total revenue goals
- Sales booking pace goals
- Sales productivity goals
- Participate in the daily and weekly revenue strategies
- Support the ongoing sales effort by participating in the direct sales effort, and those supporting the sales team
- Respond quickly to changing market conditions, and revise strategies accordingly
- Understand the local market, knowing key accounts, individuals and organizations affecting demand drivers
Financial & Accounting
- Manage costs to achieve IBFC goals using checkbooks and other financial resources
- Ensure proper flow-through goals are achieved for any revenue variance
- Produce accurate and timely revenue and IBFC projections / detailed forecasts as required
- Evaluate monthly financial statements and complete variance report which includes an analysis of revenues, expenses and review of balance sheet
- Comply with all Company accounting procedures
- Maintain proper internal controls environment
- Develop annual business plans including: Operating budget, Sales & Marketing plan and Capital plan
Food & Beverage and Other Tenant Operations
- Ability to oversee high volume food & beverage operations and deliver superior service â€“ work with tenant to ensure proper service level and brand compliance exists in all facets of F&B operation including: breakfast / bar, banquets and restaurant
- Work in conjunction with tenants to ensure contractual obligations are met, to maximize profitability of both hotel and tenants and to ensure all service delivery is acceptable
- Interact with guests and team members on a regular basis to drive guest satisfaction and team member engagement scores; achieve related goals
- Ensure that all property preventive maintenance and deep cleaning programs are in place in all areas of the operation and perform regular property inspections (including guestrooms) with operations team
- Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent working assignments and deadlines; hard working and very organized; effective communication skills including the ability to interface effectively with others; ability to learn quickly; self-motivated and self-managed; sense of humor and ability to function effectively in a small professional office.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Have a valid driver license and dependable transportation available.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by writing, telephone and personal meeting situations.
- Must be organized, honest, and work well with others, and have an outgoing personality.
- Must have good cash handling skills, able to make change, and basic computer skills.
- Education and/or Experience: A degree from a four-year college or university or extensive applicable experience and a minimum of 3-years experience as a full-service property General
- Manager is required or extensive applicable experience.
- Experience in all areas of daily hotel operations with emphasis on sales & marketing, financial management, rooms, housekeeping and maintenance.
- Interview, hire, supervise, train, and counsel department managers in the efficient, effective and appropriate operations of their departments
- Develop departmental improvement plans as may be required
- Conduct regular visual inspections of the property and guestrooms to ensure proper maintenance, cleanliness and service standards are in place
- Operate property in such a manner as to pass all brand Quality Assurance inspections as well as regulatory, insurance or other inspections
- Oversee/manage the human resources function of the hotel including an appropriate team member relations program: recruiting/ interviewing/ hiring, coaching/ counseling/ discipline, complaint investigation/ resolution, recognition/ rewards
- Comply with all local, state, federal, and brand life safety policies
- Ensure all Company and brand required training is executed effectively and in the appropriate time frame
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws â€“ including but not limited to OSHA, EEOC, Wage and Hour
- Operate the property in an energy efficient manner
- Conduct weekly staff meetings
- Possess a self-starting personality with an even disposition to effectively communicate with guests, team members and community
- Be familiar with and adhere to Legacy Ventures Service standards as outlined in the Blueprint and other policies / rules of conduct, to include personal appearance / grooming, attendance and safe / efficient operations.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned or that may be necessary to operate the hotel in an appropriately responsible fashion
This company is an equal opportunity employer.