Posting Date Sep 27, 2021
Job Number 21108956
Job Category Revenue Management
Location The Westin Anaheim Resort, 1030 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Wincome Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Revenue Manager position is responsible for the tactical daily revenue management practice of rate promotion, inventory controls and distribution throughout all channels. This position will support the Westin Anaheim Hotel and assigned hotel leadership teams to ensure the improvement of annual RevPAR penetration of several hotels with multiple brands in various sub-markets.
- This position has 1 direct reports. You will be responsible for supervision of employee performance and developmental coaching.
- This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire, process references and new hire paperwork to company standard for all hired staff in compliance with state and federal laws and company policy.
- This position sets specific goals and objectives for all the employees supervised. Establishes and communicates performance criteria to all employees. Establishes and reinforces specific performance goals with subordinate employees and provides timely feedback.
- Formally reviews and evaluates performance goals and objectives on a regular basis of all employees under your supervision.
- When appropriate and needed, disciplining and creating performance improvement plans for employees, and when necessary terminating employees under your supervision for performance related issues.
- Maintain proper staffing levels for all operating hotels.
- Responsible for ensuring the department maintains budgeted productivity levels with all budgeted line items.
- Schedules direct report staff.
- Communicate with team members both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work, policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Provide timely, real-time feedback to associates on service and operational standards; including feedback on even the smallest of service and operational details.
Managing Daily Business Needs
- Support CDRM in the execution of hotels revenue management strategy.
- Assist the CDRM with pricing and yield decisions across all market segments based on the budget/forecast.
- Maximizes revenue of assigned hotels through a thorough knowledge of the PMS/RMS system and understanding of all booking channels. Manages inventory allocation and price parameters positioned to achieve overall revenue goals.
- Maintain the hotels RMS to ensure it is maximizing revenue potential on all compression dates into the future.
- Configuration of RMS and rate inventory control systems; system recommendation and forecast validation, and daily report entry and analysis to produce and implement changes in the system.
- Maintain the hotels pricing and distribution strategy within the hotels PMS and extranet platforms.
- Responsible for assessing, analyzing and pricing group business strategies using both manual ROI analysis and RMS decision support
- Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
- Manage group blocks within the PMS for pickup/ cut- offs/ attrition/ wash etc.
- Maintain a concise room type oversell/ sell- through strategy for all future dates.
- Manage the rate loading process for all rate plans within all systems
- Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity
- Attend the hotels weekly revenue meeting, and facilitate when necessary.
- Produce the daily internal and weekly financial forecasts.
- Produce routine daily, weekly and monthly reports for the CDRM and executive committee members for analysis.
- Provide weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
- Implement revenue management operations, procedures and best practices.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with levels of staff at the different hotel.
- Work in liaison with hotel sales and reservations departments as a team.
- Create and develop pricing strategies in conjunction with the individuality of each hotel.
- Ensure hotel personnel is fully competent in the use of all systems
- Travel regularly to each hotel.
- Manage and oversee strategy for all 3rd party distribution
- Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends.
- Create and maintain a 13 month rolling demand calendar.
- Analyze overall monthly hotel performance and provide summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies.
- Conduct quarterly property performance review and develop strategic and tactical action
- Oversee and audit the standards and operations of the reservations department.
- Ensure web site booking process is maintained up-to-date and functional.
- Regularly check the input and the quality of data (segmentation, denials tracking, etc…)points.
- Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor analysis; environmental scanning; market modeling; distribution yield management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new pricing concepts
- Evaluate performance of distribution partners and contracted rates (OTA, FIT, tour operator, corporate, consortia, crew, groups, etc.)
- Assist the CDRM during the annual RFP season in account analysis and pricing decisions.
- Assist the CDRM during the annual business plan process.
- This position will be performed at the hotel/No relocation assistance available.
Education & Other Requirements
- 2-year Associates Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major preferred.
- 5 years hotel experience
- 2–3-year hotel multi property experience a plus
- Experienced in network hardware, desktop, peripherals, protocols, communications, operating systems and Marriott internal applications (OPERA,MARSHA, PMS, NGS, SFA, etc.)
- Demonstrated skills in supervising and leading an IT Department
- Hotel industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Must be able to work days, nights and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.